PDA

View Full Version : Quest stuff

Bluddy
05-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Shadow, what does OnStartQuestName do?

Shadow
05-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Shadow, what does OnStartQuestName do?

When that quest starts it also starts the quest specified with OnStartQuestName.

Bluddy
05-06-2012, 03:13 PM
When that quest starts it also starts the quest specified with OnStartQuestName.

Oh I see. So some quests start themselves recursively with some percentage chance to possibly have multiples. Cool.

Bluddy
05-06-2012, 04:44 PM
BTW what does SyncSeedWithParent do? What does it sync with the quest that spawned it?

Shadow
05-07-2012, 09:52 AM
BTW what does SyncSeedWithParent do? What does it sync with the quest that spawned it?

It syncs the level and the seed so most random stuff will match up correctly.

Bluddy
05-07-2012, 10:07 AM
I see -- thanks.

OK well, I'm trying to add a status effect to starvation quests. I think NPC hunger would be much better as a status effect that causes slowdown and low strength rather than as a chance to die. It's also annoying whenever you're notified that someone's starving. In fact it's such an annoyance in the expansion that I know at least one person who decided to turn off the expansion just to avoid dealing with starvation.

Anyway, I've tried turning the starvation quest (which is QuestType Debt) into an Event and using an OnStartQuest that calls another quest with QuestType Illness that has a starvation status effect. I used SyncNpcName to keep the target the same. But this didn't work for some reason -- no starvation quests showed up. Any idea what I could do to make it work?