PDA

View Full Version : New Article on DoP's Innovation

Castruccio
05-24-2012, 01:31 PM
There is a new article over at Rampant Games about the innovation that DoP brought to the ARPG genre: http://rampantgames.com/blog/?p=4386

PixelLord
05-24-2012, 02:32 PM
That's a nice article. I'm glad to see a game that was released nearly 5 years ago still being talked about in such a positive way.

I hope Drox Operative is as well received when it's out. Getttttiiinnnggg Closer!

DeathKnight1728
06-06-2012, 03:05 PM
You know, I might be alone in this, but I still find that Kivi's Underworld after these years is the one game i could go back to and still enjoy the story.

I know that dop is a great game and a very unique idea, but i still would like to see more games that steven can make that follow a set story and ending like Kivi's.

The only real dread i had for the game was the choice of characters. I thought that if steven could make it so the story changes based on which character you select at front. So it would be different events if you selected a scout, but still had kivi up front leading.

Thats really all i can find wrong with the game. I could careless if the skill system is imbalanced as it really reminds me of the early spiderweb games where you make big decisions at first and then small decisions later on in the game.

I think and my main hope is that steven could make a game like dins or dop or drox that follows an actual story in the vein of kivis.

gornova
06-06-2012, 06:47 PM
I don't have too much hopes about story for Drox, Steven said it's similar of Din in terms of gameplay