PDA

View Full Version : How to get games like Soldak's on Steam

Castruccio
06-03-2012, 10:35 PM
A new article on Gamasutra about the kinds of things an indie game needs in order to be accepted by Steam: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ScottTykoski/20120525/171090/Tips_for_getting_your_Game_On_Steam_from_Valve_no_ less.php

SimbaTao
08-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Steam just released Greenlight, which is like a polling thing for the users to vote on what games they want introduced next.

I tried to post Demon Wars there today but there was a click box at the end agreeing that I had the rights to the game, which I don't. We can hope that Soldak submits it so we can vote for it.

If they do, you can bet I, and anyone I can convince, will be there with thumbs up!

I posted another thread in the Demon wars forum about this, but for the life of me I don't see it or know what happened to it... Do all posted threads go into limbo after posting? Did I do something offensive? I really don't know but it sure is unsettling to see them disappear. :eek:

Shadow
08-31-2012, 04:35 PM
I posted another thread in the Demon wars forum about this, but for the life of me I don't see it or know what happened to it... Do all posted threads go into limbo after posting? Did I do something offensive? I really don't know but it sure is unsettling to see them disappear. :eek:

The first few posts by new users are moderated to keep the forums spam free. I just did a moderation pass. In the past day or so, I approved like 2 new threads, a few new posts, and deleted well over 100 spam.

I don't think I have deleted something yet because of actual real content. So far it has almost always been spam and a few cases of duplicates.