PDA

View Full Version : the best trick u havent seen

nawnwa
01-19-2008, 06:20 AM
when u start the game , take the enemy covenant level as 100
and in the start only u gain influenece so trade infuence to other covanents and they will become ur allies
click on adventure together and they will send a 100 level warrior or any other to help u

u can defeat any one with ur ally

and another idea

when ur ally have send a 100 level warrior """ make war with any of the covenant and as soon as ur party player kill one of the other 100 level member u will gain too much experience

i got frm level 10-30 immediately

(name here)
01-19-2008, 09:14 AM
ah, the trick that was fixed a few versions ago.

nawnwa
01-19-2008, 09:56 AM
i got version 1.06 and i m using this trick

SamMcMackin
01-19-2008, 12:09 PM
or or or or I know! Mod the game so that all monsters give you 1,000,000,000,000 so you go to level 100 in one monster! yaaaaaay!!!!

StealthBunny
01-19-2008, 04:46 PM
And wasn't he doing this all from the demo version, too?

Soon he won't even need to play the game at all! Just mod the character to blink and he'll win the game.

nawnwa
01-25-2008, 06:58 AM
i have the full version of dop

and how can i mod the game plz reply

Shadow
01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
There is a Mod SDK (http://www.soldak.com/Depths-of-Peril/Mods.html) on the main website that explains some of how to go about modding the game. There are also various threads here in the forums about how to mod specific things, mostly by Sam but a few others.

Randall
01-28-2008, 08:52 AM
or or or or I know! Mod the game so that all monsters give you 1,000,000,000,000 so you go to level 100 in one monster! yaaaaaay!!!!

how can i do this??? and how can i change my skills like powerstrike, absorbdamage? I tried modifying the statusEffects.gdb file, but it has no effect at all

Shadow
01-28-2008, 10:05 AM
If you want to change skills stuff you need to change values in Database/skills.gdb usually (sometimes in statusEffects.gdb).

Randall
01-28-2008, 11:20 AM
is this in assets001 or 003 or both, i cant seem to make it work.

And how would i be able to the amount of xp you get from slaying a monster?

SamMcMackin
01-28-2008, 11:44 AM
tweak these values higher:

XpMultMonsterNormal 1.0
XpMultMonsterCommon 2.0
XpMultMonsterUncommon 3.0
XpMultMonsterRare 4.0
XpMultMonsterVeryRare 5.0
XpMultMonsterUnique 6.0
XpMultMonsterLegend 7.0
XpMultMonsterBoss 25.0

located in assets003 in the database/systems.gdb

also, always try to edit things in 003, unless the files doesnt exist then move to 001. if you change it in 001 and it is also in 003 then it takes the 003 version.

Randall
01-29-2008, 06:53 AM
i did it, and reached level 100 with my first character, since then when i play with either of my characters i get negative xp

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/Randall__Flagg/DoP1.jpg

kaeruu
01-30-2008, 01:45 AM
That also happened to me once. My best judgment is that I overdid it. Either turn of the crazy xp multiplier after you've reached 100 of just get a lower xp amount (I did 100000 per monster) which made me reach about lvl 80+. I had no problems after that.

P.S. I finally discovered how to have 6 people in a party outside raids, hehehe. I have a question again to you shadow. I manage to get all of my recruits in doing quests, yet only two of us gets xp for finishing them (myself and my first party member). How do I change this?

SamMcMackin
01-30-2008, 03:03 AM
I have had an idea about this for a while now but never tested, want to try it out? In systems.gdb look for:

// Group sizes

MaxRaidGroupSize 6
MaxAdventureGroupSize 2
MaxRecruits 5

try making the groupsize more like 6 so everyone can be in your party for xp reward. just an idea, let us know how it turns out.

Delve
01-30-2008, 04:01 AM
That does it alright.

I wouldn't mess with MaxRecruits though, causes the game to crash for me, possibly for memory constraints.

edit: If you edit MaxAdventureGroupSize any recruits you take with you will indeed get kill XP. They won't however get quest XP. They'll also get in your way and block your path like never before. If you though dungeons were tough to manuever in with just one follower...

Also, AI covenants don't appear to take the increased party size into account, though they may take into account the fact that you're leaving your lifestone almost completely defenseless, I can't really test that efficiently.

laclongquan
01-30-2008, 05:23 AM
Well well... the fact that enemy covenant consider your house defenseless is a good thing: Bait, yes! But the fact that they block your way is unbearable.

A mixed bag, this option.

kaeruu
01-30-2008, 05:45 AM
That's actually still exactly my question. I can't get them to get quest xp, so then my question is how? It would be really convenient if you have 4 chars that you can level up with you 'til lvl 100, especially if their special. I mean, what if you find a priest, a warrior and a wizard who're all lvl2 with 4 special traits each?

Anyway, I'm testing another thing. I made recruits capable of getting the "giant" special trait. I don't know if it'd work, but it could be really funny to have a warrior recruit about 3x the normal size. Imagine giants attacking lifestones, haha. I was also able to make recruits come one after the other (when a recruit disappears from the recruiting area, another one pops out automatically), Ijust modified the event timings and chances (0 time between events and 100%chance of new recruit).

Oh and another thing. I've modified the items given to you each time you create a new game, like, a warrior gets Sven's complete set in a new game, the mages get Eanlee's, etc. It's fun, though I admit it kinda kills the fun in hunting for loot. So I disabled it, haha.

Delve
01-30-2008, 06:42 AM
Well well... the fact that enemy covenant consider your house defenseless is a good thing: Bait, yes! But the fact that they block your way is unbearable.

A mixed bag, this option.

I said may, I have no proof. :) Still a mixed bag as you can, with caution, go much further with 5 recruits tagging along than just one. Plus you have the option of recruiting several priests for the additional buffs at a tradeoff of pure damage output.

As for XP, I don't know if it's possible to change that. The game obviously handles quest XP differently, which makes me wonder if it's in code. Anyway, quest XP isn't going to make a huge impact. You may have some recruits lagging after a while but there's a trick. Send everyone back home, and then invite your weakest member first. That member will get the quest XP, being first in line. Cycle your recruits every now and then and you should be fine.

kaeruu
01-30-2008, 08:21 AM
As for XP, I don't know if it's possible to change that. The game obviously handles quest XP differently, which makes me wonder if it's in code. Anyway, quest XP isn't going to make a huge impact. You may have some recruits lagging after a while but there's a trick. Send everyone back home, and then invite your weakest member first. That member will get the quest XP, being first in line. Cycle your recruits every now and then and you should be fine.

But still, it would be much easier, and faster if they all get the xp *evil grin*.:D

Shadow
01-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Yeah, quest XP only goes to the first follower. It actually does this to prevent a loophole. It's to prevent people from solving lots of quests, coming back to town, starting a raid with all of their recruits, and then solving all of the quests.

SamMcMackin
01-30-2008, 11:35 AM
MaxLevel 100

anyone want to change that value in systems.gdb and see what happens?

XpDebtPerDeath 0.25

make that -0.25 hehehe gain xp when you die :D

Delve
01-30-2008, 01:00 PM
XpDebtPerDeath 0.25

Why don't you try it? See what happens when you pick up your soulstone! :)

Randall
01-30-2008, 04:20 PM
MaxLevel 100

tried it, nothing happened for me, maybe because i xas gettig the negative xp;)

kaeruu
01-31-2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah, quest XP only goes to the first follower. It actually does this to prevent a loophole. It's to prevent people from solving lots of quests, coming back to town, starting a raid with all of their recruits, and then solving all of the quests.

Ahhhh, yes. Makes perfect sense. So I guess its not to be modified then. Thx for the info.

kaeruu
01-31-2008, 01:10 AM
MaxLevel 100

I think this would work, but destroys the game integrity. Also, I think it would eventually present problems like the negative influence and stuff.

XpDebtPerDeath 0.25

This one definitely would work.