PDA

View Full Version : Feature request: Improved shared stash

ShaggyMoose
06-11-2012, 02:52 AM
One of the features that has both pleased and frustrated me in DoP and DC is the shared stash. Its great that you don't have to throw away phat loot that is not useful to your current character. You can also use it to buff low level characters a little, without going overboard, since the game is restricting items by stats and level. However, the interface is just incredibly frustrating. I find myself getting all my characters to the end of a world, then trying to stuff all their excess gear into the shared chest, then rotating between each character to see what they can use. It takes a lot of time and its just needless busy work that gets in the way of actually playing the game.

Can we get a centralised shared loot screen where you can see all characters inventories and switch equipment at will?

To make the interface workable, you could restrict this to three or four characters at a time. The player should select the characters to be displayed from the full roster available.
To avoid abuse, you could make a restriction that a character has to be in town, otherwise you cannot see what they have equipped and they cannot switch used gear, only stored gear.
I would also like to see some powerful gear comparison utilities/popups available here, that compare against all characters simultaneously.
Finally, I would like to see some racks (for want of a better word) that allow consolidation of armour/weapons sets. If these could appear as furniture items in the game world, that would be awesome!

I am talking about this feature from a DC perspective, but I believe it will apply almost equally to DO based on what I understand of the game so far. If I am wrong, then we can just move this feature request to the DC forum!

Valgor
06-11-2012, 08:05 AM
I'd also like to see the ability to send items to other character's regular stashes (without accessing them directly, of course)
in case you already know a certain character is going to need that item.

What about a trade stash? Items you put in there are available to all other players in multiplayer mode, and if they'd like to have one,
they either take it out and automatically pay its worth in credits or switch it with an item of equal or greater value.