PDA

View Full Version : Game Logs or Let's Plays

Hyfrydle
06-12-2012, 08:41 AM
It would be cool if any of the alpha testers could post a AAR, game log or let's play to give us some idea how an actual game plays.

PixelLord
06-12-2012, 10:27 AM
It would be cool if any of the alpha testers could post a AAR, game log or let's play to give us some idea how an actual game plays.

Here's a log of a challenge level (I had to delete part of it to meet file size restrictions). Also, if you're not going to be beta testing, there's a walkthrough at: http://www.stephenhornback.com/id94.html

Hyfrydle
06-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks for that PixelLord but since I'm hoping to be involved in the beta I've resisted the urge to read the walkthrough. Is it hoped that the beta will be open to all pre-orders?

Really enjoyed reading the log.

PixelLord
06-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Yes, pretty sure the beta is open to all.

Shadow
06-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Yes, if you pre-order you will get to play the beta.

Hyfrydle
06-12-2012, 11:44 AM
That's great. I'm going to dig out my copy of Dins Curse to tide me over until the beta hits.

aReclusiveMind
06-12-2012, 09:28 PM
00:53:29 - We failed to find the plans in time, now Female Smashing Tide are raiding Vela!
00:53:37 - BurgerMeister47 (Drox Operatives) was killed by a Acanth Defiler in Vela!

Thus ends the reign of our favorite Drox Operative... good thing you weren't playing hardcore this time.

00:55:31 - Lithosoid wants you to colonize the planet Hul in the Corpius system.
~~~ Removed Stuff ~~~
01:45:54 - Lithosoid declares War on Drox Operatives

I'm curious to know, what happened between you to? It seems like somewhere in the void of removed entries you and the Lithosoid decided to pursue different goals.

Congratulations on the victory!

gornova
06-13-2012, 04:32 AM
really cool! I like that!

I like also the cloning stuff

Valgor
06-13-2012, 05:34 AM
There's some left-over data from Din's Curse in the character export at the bottom of the log; for example, it tries to list skills and unspent skill points.
I take it those bits will be removed sooner or later, but it's still quite curious.

Other than that, an interesting read. There's lots of different stuff happening all over the place, and it seems one would be hard-pressed to keep up with everything, especially on higher difficulties.
I wonder if there's any goings-on the player isn't made aware of, either because they can't possibly know it yet or the involved parties don't want them to.

PixelLord
06-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Thus ends the reign of our favorite Drox Operative... good thing you weren't playing hardcore this time.

I'm curious to know, what happened between you to? It seems like somewhere in the void of removed entries you and the Lithosoid decided to pursue different goals.

Congratulations on the victory!

I honestly can't remember as that log was from almost a week ago. Been playtesting so much it's all becoming a bit of a blur. I can say that Shadow has things set up so that a race can sometimes come from pretty far behind to dominate, some races' power can sometimes seesaw back and forth, and there can be plenty of surprises.

With the Lithosoid, they will still offer you quests even if they don't like you. I imagine we had pretty bad relations, and they weren't dominating; so I just let the relations continue to sour until they declared war. There are so many factors regarding your relations with all of the races that it's often difficult to decide what's best to do.

Shadow
06-13-2012, 10:33 AM
There's some left-over data from Din's Curse in the character export at the bottom of the log;

I wonder if there's any goings-on the player isn't made aware of, either because they can't possibly know it yet or the involved parties don't want them to.

I don't think I've updated the character export stuff at all. I'll fix it in beta some time.

You are only told about the things happening to the races that you have discovered and then only the more important types of things. For example, you aren't told when a race sends a diplomat ship to another race.