PDA

View Full Version : Too much influence?

Areli
01-20-2008, 02:54 PM
In playing the higher levels, I've had a problem repeatedly wherein my Power ranking goes crazy. I think this is due to breaking some invisible influence limit that exists a little ways over 2,000,000,000.

One second I'm at the top of the list in the lower right corner with my covenant name having the full bar white background; then I'm at the bottom of the list with no color behind my name (as if I'd been defeated) and a super long white bar extended to the left of my name over where the text appears.
Also, my tax goes from whatever it was (usually a few hundred) to base 0 and into the negatives depending on guard costs and trade routes.
Finally, my influence goes negative as well (probably what causes the white bar off to the left. When I notice this error, I check the covenant trade screen and my influence is around -2,000,000,000 (negative two billion) give or take a hundred thousand..

I think this is a problem with the influence getting too high (some point shortly after 2 billion) and causing it to not read correctly. I have had this problem occur at the completion of major quests and well as once in the middle of an offensive raid.

Another problem with this occurrence is that by suddenly being at the bottom in power rank, any remaining covenants will often attack within a few minutes since I'm seemingly powerless.

I can still go on and destroy the other covenants and complete the game session like normal.

I am having this problem in the latter half of Legendary difficulty.

Delve
01-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Sounds like the value got too big for its data type. (+/-)2.1 billion is the limit for 4 bytes.

SamMcMackin
01-20-2008, 04:59 PM
I was just going to post about this also. Thru modding I made finding secret areas give me enough xp to level up about 10 times each. Well that added a ton of influence and it eventually went like -900,000,000,000 or there abouts. Then the real problem is if you bring it back up to -1 and then back to 0 the game will freeze. So maybe just make a cap at 2 billion?

Shadow
01-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, you are getting out of range of an unsigned integer. I'll go fix it.