PDA

View Full Version : Typos

Roswitha
06-14-2012, 08:50 PM
I thought I'd do another thread just for these.

"prepair" should be "prepare". See the attachment.

Roswitha
06-14-2012, 09:02 PM
On the Trade Screen, the text on the items says 'Drag and Drop', but you have to click to pick it up, and click to put it down.

DeathKnight1728
06-15-2012, 12:36 AM
Under diplomacy screen, under lithosoid, it says expland instead of expand.

Puce Moose
06-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Tooltip on Known Sector Modifiers (Space Junk):
People apparent just leave their junk wherever they want

NefariousKoel
06-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Not exactly a typo:

The range for weapons listed in the tooltips are valued in "meters". I'm thinking that 0 to 19 meters in space is probably a bit too short. ;) Change the tooltip to say "km" for it? Or maybe "hm" for hectometer?

viper34j
06-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Not exactly a typo:

The range for weapons listed in the tooltips are valued in "meters". I'm thinking that 0 to 19 meters in space is probably a bit too short. ;) Change the tooltip to say "km" for it? Or maybe "hm" for hectometer?

I guess that depends on the size of the ships really... If they are only 5 meters, then 0-19 meters seems right :) But kms is definitely not right, that is way way way too far. The ships are probably more likely in the range of 50-75 meters in length, which means the weapon range is probably more realistically 0-200 meters.

My suggestion would be to just drop the unit from the range. It can be ambiguous "units", its really only there for comparing other weapons with ambiguous "units".

Valgor
06-15-2012, 12:08 PM
The tooltips for Planned Positive Rumor and Planned Negative Rumor refer both to Quick Sabotage instead of Quick Rumor.

Roswitha
06-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Are there any light components other than crew? If so, put (Crew) after Light Components. If not, just change Light Components to Crew.

aReclusiveMind
06-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Are there any light components other than crew? If so, put (Crew) after Light Components. If not, just change Light Components to Crew.

There are other components. I had some energy regen light components for instance.

Delilah Rehm
06-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Under diplomacy screen, under lithosoid, it says expland instead of expand.

What's a l between friends. :p

Roswitha
06-15-2012, 01:21 PM
"Hidden within the anomaly was some ship components."

Was should be were.

Mivo
06-15-2012, 01:22 PM

Speaking of which, I found it unintuitive that "light armor plating" (I think that was its name) was a heavy component. I was so happy to find a seemingly light component (and it was yellow!), just to have my hopes dashed! :)

desophos
06-15-2012, 06:29 PM
When you deliver a needed item to a planet, the message it gives you mentions the planet name where the item name should be.

Roswitha
06-15-2012, 08:38 PM
In the first attachment, 'your' should be 'you're'.

In the second attachment, it's either missing an 'an' or station needs to be plural.

Roswitha
06-16-2012, 02:00 AM
In the diplomat screen, Brunt says "Don't try our patients." That's 'patience'. :)

Roswitha
06-16-2012, 02:35 AM
'Spaces' should be 'Space'. See attachment.

Valgor
06-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Not exactly a typo, but the wording of the Max Speed tooltip reads a bit strange.
I'd say "The max speed ever" should be changed to something along the lines of "The highest speed possible" .

Valgor
06-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Here are some more corrections for the tooltips in Drox' options menus :

Graphics Options :

- There's a missing comma after "numbers", and "[...],but better resolutions might be slower." should be "Higher resolutions might be slower." in the Screen Size tooltip.

- There's a missing comma after "slider" in the Gamma slider tooltip.

- There's a superfluous comma after "NPCs" in the Better Lighting tooltip.

- There's a comma missing after "new frequency" in the Screen Frequency tooltip.

- It should read "[...] how far away the camera is [...]" in the Zoom slider tooltip.

- It should read "Anti-aliasing makes the edges of things look less jaggy." and "The higher the number of samples, the better the graphics, but it might slow down the game." in the Anti-Aliasing tooltip. The reference to swords should be removed as well.

- It should be "a glowy effect" in the Bloom tooltip.

- There's a missing comma after "If you turn this off" in the Detail Models tooltip. (What exactly does this option do in Drox?)

- There's a missing comma after "slider" in the Minimap Alpha tooltip.

- It should be "you're having problems" in the Use Hardware Cursor tooltip.

- It should be "[...] most programs that deal with images [...]" and "JPGs" instead of "jpgs" in the Screenshot Type (which should be named Screenshot Format) tooltip.

- It should be "[...] the slowest ones as well." in the Highest Quality button tooltip.

Sound Options :

- It should be "This option chooses the device [...]" in the Sound Device tooltip.

Game Options :

- It should be "[...] above the player's ship" in the Show Player Health Bar tooltip.

- It should be "monsters", and "heads" should be removed from the end of the Show Ingame Health Bars tooltip.

- "show items on ground key" should be "show components key" in the Show Items Toggle tooltip.

- The tooltip for Show Combat Effects should read "Chooses wheter or not to display combat special effects." .

- "world" should be replaced with "planet" in the Show Names tooltip.

- It should read "[...] when the player is hit hard." in the Can Shake Screen tooltip. (My screen will shake on its own when I hit it hard, thanks :) )

- The tooltip for Show Clock should read "Displays a clock in the bottom right corner of the main game screen." .

- It should be "Shows the numbers [...]" in the Show Relation Numbers tooltip.

- "display" should be replaced with "appear" in the Tooltip Delay tooltip.

- "left top" should be "top left" in the Show Full Player Menu (which should be named Show Full Player Info) tooltip.

- It should read "[...] the first slot will still fill, if ever empty." in the Autofill Use Slots tooltip.

- It should be "[...] when you start the game" in the Play Intro Movie tooltip.

Multiplayer Options :

- Both "we"s should be replace with "you" in the Client Data Rate tooltip.

Phew.

Caal
06-17-2012, 05:19 PM
If you try to repair (repair all) a ship that is already fully repaired the message says "Nothing needs repaired!"

desophos
06-17-2012, 10:43 PM
If you try to repair (repair all) a ship that is already fully repaired the message says "Nothing needs repaired!"
You beat me to it. Just to clarify, this should be either "Nothing needs repair" or "Nothing needs to be repaired".

Roswitha
06-18-2012, 05:14 PM
In the first image, "ships" should be "ship's".

In the second image, mother should be plural. Also, why is a Shadow planet warning me about the sneaky shadow?

Shadow
06-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Also, why is a Shadow planet warning me about the sneaky shadow?

Ah, the problem of general advice. :)

Valgor
06-18-2012, 07:18 PM
It's another one of their cunning ploys!

Roswitha
06-19-2012, 01:03 AM
In the Shadow trade screen, it says, "Thank you nothing." It needs a 'for'.

In the Hive trade screen, it says "You ask too much?" That ? should probably be a . or a !

"Found a small ship wreck on <planet>." Shipwreck is one word.

In the first image, "choosen" should be "chosen".

In the second image, you might say "mention" instead of "bring up".

In the third image, the second half of the first sentence needs a "they". (I wonder if I can fit a 'fourth' in there somewhere. :) ) You will probably need to fix this in all of the components.
The second sentence needs a period.

Enjoying the game!

Valgor
06-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Not really a typo, but text related :

The item "Tuned Radiation Neutralizer" is missing a decription.

Valgor
06-23-2012, 08:26 AM
In the text for the Super Rats quest, "Our idea is to mutant a bunch of ants[...]" should be "Our idea is to mutate a bunch of ants[...]" .
(Though I think it's a really stupid idea, these things never work the way they planned)

ShaggyMoose
06-23-2012, 10:50 AM
When it says "N of the population died" where I have seen N be a number of 0.7, 1.3 etc etc. doesn't mean much to me. Is it an absolute? What is the unit? Can it be more specific as an absolute, or convert to a percentage of the population? Make me feel a little more remorse when I let a comet take out a colony. :p

Roswitha
06-23-2012, 03:12 PM
In the first image, it says "Track that ship down and destroy them." 'Them' should be 'it'.

In the second image, the bonus isn't highlighted. It took me a minute to figure it out.

This one's more of a bug than a typo. In image 3, it announces that a Fringe colony in Arkassira was taken out by a Drox Operative (me). I was in the next system over at the time. The line above it says that the Dryad destroyed the Fringe.

Shadow
06-25-2012, 11:49 AM
In the text for the Super Rats quest, "Our idea is to mutant a bunch of ants[...]" should be "Our idea is to mutate a bunch of ants[...]" .
(Though I think it's a really stupid idea, these things never work the way they planned)

Of course it's not a good idea. :)

Roswitha
06-29-2012, 07:54 PM
"The radiation sickness is now over. Everyone effected is now dead!" Should be affected.

Shadow
06-29-2012, 07:59 PM
"The radiation sickness is now over. Everyone effected is now dead!" Should be affected.

So what are the rules about effect and affect?

Castruccio
06-29-2012, 08:07 PM
see this link for affect vs effect: http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/affect-versus-effect.aspx

PixelLord
06-29-2012, 08:14 PM
see this link for affect vs effect: http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/affect-versus-effect.aspx

I went to that link, and the effect on me affected my infection with the English language. ;)

Valgor
07-01-2012, 05:48 PM
In the Overlord quest text, there's a superfluous 'the' in "They usually won't attack the anyone directly [...]" .

Valgor
07-04-2012, 07:33 AM
On the new Win Progress screen, "Are allied with most powerful race?" should probably be just "Allied with most powerful race?" .

Roswitha
07-05-2012, 02:42 PM
'Discrete' should be 'discreet' unless you mean distinct attacks.

Roswitha
07-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Looks like the QuestFail text is missing.

Roswitha
07-07-2012, 04:37 PM
'You' should be 'your'.
You could reword it as, "This is not recommended for your first ship."

Roswitha
07-07-2012, 06:00 PM
I lost a sector and got the attached message. While it is suitably negative, the comments about the other races aren't really relevant. How about sentences like this?

You have suffered a humiliating defeat.
You failed to earn the trust of the great and powerful.
The galactic races hold you in contempt.
You tried to control this sector but it threw you off and left you in the dust.
You are not worthy of the name of Drox Operative.

ShaggyMoose
07-10-2012, 10:23 AM
For the item "beam amplification module", one of the stats is "+x% skill damage". This seems like a carry over from DoP/DC. Should it be "weapon damage" for DO? Or is it specific to laser weapons, so should be "beam damage"?

ShaggyMoose
07-15-2012, 06:09 AM
When you mouse over a fighter health bar, it says "Drop consumables here to help party member". This looks like another carry over. Better to say "fleet member" or "fighter wing member"?

ShaggyMoose
07-18-2012, 08:26 AM
In the shipyard, for the Gleria, it says "The OverlordFactionName9 shockwave". Placeholder/variable hasn't been filled in correctly.

ScrObot
07-18-2012, 08:59 PM
The success text for destroying a giant pod heading toward a planet, displayed in the message log, is missing a translation:

Solved Destroy the Giant Pod heading towards Corn (Lithosoid) quest
QuestKilledTextIncomingGiantPod

Roswitha
07-21-2012, 12:42 AM
In the Dryad diplomatic screen, they say "How fairs this summer's light?" If they're asking how it's doing, it should be 'fares'.

In the first image, 'successfull' should be 'successful'. 'Penalty of' should be 'penalty for'. 'That cause' should be 'it causes'. You could rephrase it as 'The crew of the Stine has mutinied.'

ShaggyMoose
07-22-2012, 03:53 AM
I saw a mission which said "Earthquake Machine's fleet has built an Earthquake Machine". Either I had a special moment with the random name generator, or there is typo/incorrect variable.

void
07-22-2012, 07:53 PM
The mouseover text for your ship, both in the normal game screen and the map, says Whatever (Your Character). It probably should be Whatever (Your Ship).

incognoscente
07-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Not all of these are new. I'm just inordinately lazy (I prefer "tactful") when it comes to sending in typo reports.

In the "Distract our enemy" and "Help destroy our enemy the [race]" quests, the race ships counter should change to singular if there is one ship remaining ("1 Human ship left to destroy" vs. the current "1 Human ships left to destroy"). (quests.trn)

A few monsters will build "an fleet" or "an fleet of shipss". Both the event log and the associated quests have these typos. (quests.trn)

"Greeting and salutations from this sector of the galaxy." (global.trn)
Greetings should be plural.

"Mutants: There is some kind of strange radiation in the region of space that causes more mutants than normal." (global.trn)
should be "in this region of space"

"Don't worry, your ship, crew, and items all..." (global.trn)
Minor comma splice. The first comma should be a colon ("Don't worry: your ship, crew, and items all...")

Shadow helping ally chatty: "We are please to see [race] developing..." (raceDialog.trn)
should be pleased.

Silent Death quest: "It's only symptom is... " (quests.trn)
should be possessive pronoun its.

Colony Collapse Disorder: "If they die, out our crops might fail." (quests.trn)
comma should come after out.

Power grid failure on [planet]: "Our entire infrustructure" (quests.trn)
should be infrastructure

Destroy the ship []: "The can't be reasoned with" (quests.trn)
should be They

Genetic Engineered Citizens on [planet]: "We have been genetically enhancing are people" (quests.trn)
should be our
same quest: "They situation is out of control"
should be The

Clones on [planet]: "... suddenly the clones think they have rights are some nonsense like that." (quests.trn)
should be or in all three appearances of this phrase.

Volcanic Winter on [Planet]: "that not enough sun light is getting through to the planet." (quests.trn)
sunlight is one word.

"Can't pickup cargo bays with components in it!"
The verb pick up is two words.
Additionally, there is a quantity mismatch between pronoun it and antecedent cargo bays. Two options:
"Can't pick up cargo bay with components in it!"
"Can't pick up cargo bays with components in them!"

Telepaths on [Planet]: "They are stealing all of our secrets. Who know what they will do with it." (quests.trn)
should be them (pronoun quantity should match antecedent secrets)

Riots on [Planet]: "We need the riots quelled immediately before it turns even uglier." (quests.trn)
Either a pronoun quantity mismatch ("We need these riots quelled before they turn even uglier") or the pronoun it has no antecedent and should be replaced with a noun ("We need these riots quelled before things turn even uglier").

Crop failure on [Planet]: "On top of that hungery people get anger easily." (quests.trn)
hungry and angry.
Ideally, a comma should appear after the introductory clause "on top of that".

Super Wheat quest: "A genetically modified, Super Wheat is spreading..." (quests.trn)
comma should be removed. (While it is correct to separate adjectives with commas if they appear in a list, adjectives in proper nouns are considered part of a noun, not part of a list.)

Utopian chatty: "Curious, it is that you seek destruction." (raceDialog.trn)
the comma should be removed.

Fringe chatty: "Oh an Operative, how nice for this sector." (raceDialog.trn)
comma splice + missing comma after interjection. Should read: "Oh, an Operative. How nice for this sector."

Find plans: "Something strange is going on, destroy as many [monster] as it takes to find the plans!" (quests.trn)
Comma splice. This should be two sentences.

Destroy the Plasma Storm Device: "[monster] has built a Plasma Storm Device in [system], go destroy it before it destroys everything near it!" (quests.trn)

Rescue [ship]: "One of our civilian ships seems to have gotten itself trapped by monsters, please rescue [ship]." (quests.trn)

Destroy the comet heading towards []: "Please hurry and destroy the comet, we don't have much time left!" (quests.trn)

Roswitha
08-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Incorrect variable in this one.

Roswitha
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
"Destroy it before they can build anything." 'They' should be 'it'. 'To their enemies' is unnecessary; if you're going to keep the phrase, change 'their' to 'its'.

Roswitha
08-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Where do I go to pick up the colony module?

Crisses
08-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Where do I go to pick up the colony module?

Unfortunately the answer is obscured -- it's Jes -- the place you would go to cash in the quest. But yes, it should be in the description.

Roswitha
08-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Image 1. If the colony has been destroyed, how are there enough people to riot and rebel?

Image 2. 'Completly' needs another 'e'.

Roswitha
08-11-2012, 07:35 PM
1. Cutlass is a named monster. Shouldn't it be color-coded?

2. 'Who' should be 'whom' in both cases.

Roswitha
08-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Looks like a variable isn't getting parsed.

Roswitha
08-14-2012, 01:25 AM
1. Should be 'Deliver Weapons'.

2. 'Acheived' should be 'achieved' and 'their' should be 'its'.

3. 'You're' should be 'your'.

This game just keeps getting better and better. :)

Roswitha
08-23-2012, 04:54 PM
I think the ants are supposed to kill all of the rats.

Roswitha
08-24-2012, 03:19 AM
Can you check the minutes on the estimated time for a ship to be built. It says 59 seconds, counts down to zero, 59 seconds, counts down to zero....

Roswitha
08-26-2012, 03:01 AM
1. Either change 'systems' to 'system', or change 'had' and 'is' to 'have' and 'are'.

2. This one has a couple of variable problems.

Excellion
08-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Small one under the "Semi-hardcore" tooltip of the new ship creation. "ships is" should be "ship is" or perhaps "ship's".

Roswitha
08-29-2012, 12:01 PM
1. 'use' should be 'us'. I would take out the 'Yeah'.

2. 'go' is unnecessary. No Legend points for destroying a fleet? :(

PixelLord
08-29-2012, 12:45 PM
1. 'use' should be 'us'. I would take out the 'Yeah'.
:(

And a question mark after ...isn't it (?)

PixelLord
08-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Need a space between "why give" and the race name.

Roswitha
08-29-2012, 02:39 PM
This sounds kind of awkward. Here's a possible rewording.

The wise stand beside a Drox Operative. Only fools oppose. You knocked this sector apart like a house of cards and brought order to the chaos. Glory to you, Operative, and congratulations on another sector in your pocket.

ScrObot
08-31-2012, 03:44 PM
One of the new system modifiers is missing translations for both the name and description:
LevelModifierPlasmaStorms
LevelModifierPlasmaStormsDesc

Roswitha
08-31-2012, 04:28 PM
1. Variable problem. You might consider 'pieces' instead of 'death'.

2. Maybe talk about the propaganda first, because it caused the riots.

3. It's 'insidious'.

Roswitha
09-01-2012, 01:18 AM
1. Something is wrong with this picture.

2. WarCriminal needs a space.

3. Armageddon has one 'g' and two 'd's.

Roswitha
09-01-2012, 03:47 AM
1. 'breech' should be 'breach'. I think it's in several other places. You need a period instead of a comma after 'critical'.

Roswitha
09-06-2012, 12:55 PM
1. 'wish' should be 'wishes'.

2. 'was' should be 'is', or possibly "that's".

3. 'is' should be 'are'. You might want a period after 'normal'.

Enjoying the game. :)

Roswitha
09-08-2012, 08:07 PM
1. 'They' should be 'it'.

2. 'breech' should be 'breach' in the third sentence.

3. Here's a possible rewrite for the last few sentences.
The spiders are immune to all known poisons, and mutating another animal to kill them seems like a bad idea. We want to kill them the old-fashioned way but we need some supplies. Hurry up though. It seems their favorite food is us.

4. No comma after 'attack'.

Roswitha
09-10-2012, 01:11 PM
1. 'broke' should be 'broken'. 'planet' should be plural.

2. A comma splice is where you have two complete sentences separated by a comma. You can either replace the comma with a period, or put 'and', 'or', or 'but' after the comma.
In the second paragraph, you have a comma splice between the first two sentences. I'd recommend a period. You might consider another period after 'accepted' since that sentence is pretty long.

3. Variable problem with the reward.

Roswitha
09-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Minor tweak. I can use the hotkey to open and close the Drox screen, but if I switch to the Win or Lose screens, the hotkey won't close them.

In the Achievement screen, you have the achievement for doing 2,000 damage before the one for 1,000 damage. I think it's just the numbers. The names seem to be in the right order.

Roswitha
09-16-2012, 01:16 AM
1. Redundant.

2. Should be "insurance-paid-for ship".

3. Should be "spies".

4. Should be "impostor-controlled ship".

Roswitha
09-20-2012, 12:03 AM
1. Defiler should be plural.

2. Need a space before 'Kill Ozzardi' and probably a period after 'Baylisa Weaver'.

3. Missing location. Dorici is a planet.

4. This one doesn't quite make sense.

Roswitha
09-20-2012, 02:38 AM
1. 'except for when' should probably be 'except that when'.

2. An ancient Hezog destroyer appeared. I accepted the quest. A few minutes later it failed (Race solved). The log wrote 'Drakk has destroyed the Trypanos Watcher hunter.'

3. For some reason, whenever I find a Small Teleporter Den, my relocation is logged twice.

4. Watcher should be plural.

I'm having trouble with the Beam Amplification boosts. When I try to replace one with a better one, I get an error: already have one of those installed. I have to remove the first one before I can replace it.

Valgor
09-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Here are some corrections for the Shipyard's monster ship descriptive texts. I'll be posting them as I complete the collection. First are the Talon descriptions :

Storm :
"Its body is" should be "Their bodies are"; "vast electric-like energy" should be "vast amounts of electric energy";
"inner section" should be "inner sections"; "feed from sunlight" should be "feed off sunlight";
"[...] and saving their lives" should be "[...], thus saving their lives"

Swarm :
"in inner solar systems" should be "in the inner solar systems"; "Though the Swarm" should be "Though Swarm";
"to protect an injured female" should be "to protect injured ones"; "about the Legion's Schism" should be "about Legion Schism";
"developed into on ongoing war" should be "developed into an ongoing war"; "to completely annihilate the other" should be "to completely annihilate each other"

Tornado :
"they often gain a speed boost temporarily" should be "they often gain a temporary speed boost"; "Tornado scoop gasses and mine material" should be "Tornado scoop gasses and mine minerals";
"many larva" should be "many larvae"; "Nebulas also attract them" should be "They're also attracted by nebulas/nebulae";
"when compartements are overrun with mucus" should be "when their compartments are flooded with mucus" (this is funny, I imagine hearing a Tornado going "Atchoo!");
"in the vast dangers of space" should be "among the vast dangers of space"

Tide :
"the Tide resembles a bug" should be "the Tide resemble bugs"; "for a faster replacement" should be "for replacement by faster ships";
"from a gaseous scoop system" should be "from a scoop system for gaseous substances"

Claw :
"gave up on frigate-sized Claw" should be "gave up on the frigate-sized Claw";
"The Claw's body" should be "The Claws' body";
"asteroid materials" should be "asteroid debris"; "Talon eggs and larva" should be "Talon eggs and larvae";
"can lead them to trouble" should be "can lead the into trouble"; "the belly of a claw" should be "a Claw's belly"

Valgor
09-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Continued from my last post :

Hyde :
"cruiser sized" should be "cruiser-sized"; "hammer shaped heads" should be "hammer-shaped heads";
"Their ballistics attack is dangerous" should be "Their ballistic attacks are dangerous"; "heavily planeted star systems" should be "systems with many planets";
"infrequent egg layers" should be "infrequent reproducers"; "long standing feud" should be "long-standing feud"

Flame :
"kill feed" should be "feeding on kills"; and again, "cruiser sized" should be "cruiser-sized";
"front pointing wings" should be "forward-pointing wings"; "between feeedings" should be "between meals";
"nearby anomalies" should be "near anomalies"; "vicious encounters ended poorly" should be "vicious encounters ending poorly";
"it isn't unusual" should be "it's not unusual"

Lasher :
"Dryad used" should be "The Dryad used"; "corvette sized" should be "corvette-sized";
"front facing pincher wings" should be "forward-facing pincer wings"; "the Quake's attack" should be "the Quake's attacks";
"a ride across galaxies" should be "a ride across the galaxy" (assuming Drox takes place in a single galaxy as implied by the challenges); "short lived" should be "short-lived";
"the reproductive structure" should be "the reproductive structures"; "they birth many live offspring" should be "they give birth to numerous live offspring";
"the outer sections of solar systems" should be "the outer sections of a solar system"

Ghost :
"Ghost trick or bait its prey" should be "Ghost trick or bait their prey"; "to operate phasing" should be "to operate their phasing ability";
"generally avoid Quake Talon" should be "generally avoiding Quake Talon"; "abundant organic food" should be "abundant organic matter" (I doubt the Ghost care about how their food is grown)

Quake :
"scatter radiation" should be "scattered radiation"; "within its range" should be "within range";
"the dorsal prong being the largest" should be "the dorsal prong being the most prominent"; "They're solitary creatures, only needing to breed once to have offspring throughout their life span"
should be "They are solitary creatures, only needing to breed once during their lifespan to have offspring"; "Quake births are rare, when a female will deposit one larva planetside"
should be "Thus, Quake births are rare, with a female depositing only a single larva planetside"; "consuming starlight for energy" should be "consuming sunlight for energy"

Corrections for Legion and Overlord will follow.

Valgor
09-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Continuing with corrections for the Legion descriptions :

Guardian :
"noting all within it's range" should be "notifying all within its range";
"this faction acts impulsively before all data has been collected" should be "they act on impulse without first collecting sufficient data"

Harbinger :
"With ships originally created as cruiser sized messengers" should be "With ships originally designed as cruiser-sized messengers";
"the Harbinger use a varied attack when threatened" should be "the Harbinger use a variety of attacks when threatened";
"and fighters up close" should be "and launching fighters up close"; "than most Legion" should be "than most other Legion";
"organic sentience" should be "organic sentients"; "it isn't unusual to find one in a dormant state" should be "it's not unusual to find one in a dormant state";
"and the two types often travel together" should be "and they're often found travelling together"

Grudge :
"Regular missiles are only one part of their abilities" should be "Regular missiles are only one of their abilities";
"finishing off the damage done by corrosive nanomite missiles designed with specific purposes" should be "finishing the job with corrosive nanomite missiles designed for this specific purpose";
"once committed to a decision or course of action, even if things turn bleak" should be "and stay committed to a decision or a course of action, even if things take a turn for the worse"

Obsidian :
"They tend to be well liked among their AI cousins and are one of the only Legion factions not destroyed on sight by the Utopians"
should be "They tend to be well-liked among their AI brethren and are one of the only Legion factions not attacked on sight by the Utopian";
"heavily planeted star systems" should be "systems with many planets"; "they are referred to as the father of Local Unit Kage Endeavor"
should be "they are revered as the fathers of Local Unit Kage Endeavor" (just what the heck is a Local Unit Kage Endeavor?)

Schism :
"and reserve their big weapon for difficult opponents, powerful bombs" should be "and reserve their powerful bombs for tough opposition";
"Advanced sensors help them find enemies" should be "Advanced sensors help them locate their enemies";
"and other space debris" should be "and collecting space debris"; "including Swarm Talon's hiddden eggs" should be "including the hidden eggs of Swarm Talon";
"This particular Talon deserved Legion justice" should be "These particular Talon deserve Legion justice to be brought upon them"

Valgor
09-23-2012, 09:57 AM

Pulse :
"Traveling in packs" should be "Travelling in packs"; "Their ships use unique energy share to enhance damage while surviving during a fight"
should be "Their ships use unique energy sharing technology, increasing survivability during a fight and enhancing their damage potential";
"Battling a single Pulse ship may not seem dangerous" should be "Engaging a lone Pulse ship may not seem too dangerous";
"the Legion's ideal" should be "the Legion's ideals"; "when on a high priority mission" should be "during high-priority missions"

Backlash :
"Originally developed for fuel cargo" should be "Originally intended for refuelling duties"; "the Backlashs dreadnoughts" should be "the Backlash's dreadnoughts";
"are cased in superior armor shells" should be "are encased in superior armored shells";
"The extra defense costs them in sensor range" should be "This extra layer of defense comes at the cost of sensor range";
"Their size isn't the only intimidating ability" should be "Their size isn't the only thing that's intimidating about them";
"to hack into and redirect their opponent's missiles" should be "to hack and redirect their opponents' missiles";
"SET hate Leishma Overlords after they poached in a Legion held star system" should be "Backlash hate the Leishma Overlord ever since they poached in a star system held by Legion"

Patchwork :
"but that won't stop them from attacking enemies" should be "but that won't keep them from attacking their enemies";
"Ballistic bombardment isn't their only weapon system" should be "Ballistic bombardment isn't their only means of offense";
"Their burn thrower takes time to build before use" should be "Their flame throwers take some time to charge before firing";
"but deals devastating damage" should therefore be "but deal devastating damage";
"because they will repair ships for trade, and the Patchwork value goods above their ancient rivalry"
should be "because they will repair their ships in exchange for goods, and the Patchwork value trade above their ancient rivalry";
"The Patchwork hate the Tide Talon with its infestation temperament that represents the evil of sentient organic life"
should be "The Patchwork hate all Tide Talon with their tendency to infest entire systems, in their eyes representing the evil of organic life";
"Burn Thrower" should be "Flame Thrower"

Venom :
"and are more likely to act when spotted" should be "and are likely to act upon discovery";
"Missiles and crippling viruses destroy most threats quickly" should be "Their missiles and crippling computer viruses make quick work of any threat";
"from the Utopian days" should be "from their days as Utopians";
"Venom will attack the aggressive and ridged Grudge under any circumstances" should be "Venom will attack the aggressive Grudge under any circumstance";
"Venom is a derogatory name" should be " 'Venom' is in fact a derogatory name";
"for their organic like tactics of spying and using viruses" should be "for their tactics of spying and spreading viruses resembling the behavior of organic life"

Legion Lord :
"[...]"Metal for metal," when condemning organic sentient life as thieves" should be "[...]"Metal for Metal", condemning all organic sentients as thieves";
"Robotic Intelligence required metal to procreate and survive" should be "Robotic intelligence requires metal to survive and procreate";
"Organic Intelligence should have remained limited to organic matter" should be "Organic life should remain limited to organic compounds";
"massive beams" should be "massive beam";
"They prefer to travel in single colony ships and it is rare to find more than one titan in any given location"
should be "They prefer to travel alone, and it's a rare occurence to find more than one of their titanic colony ships in any given system";
"Other Legion factions" should be "All other Legion factions"

Corrections for the Overlord will follow.

PixelLord
09-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Wow, Valgor! That'll keep Shadow busy for a while. :)

Valgor
09-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Another "typo" : When Gleria pose as Ghost, the UI incorrectly identifies them as a type of Quake.

Valgor
09-24-2012, 06:16 AM
And lastly, corrections for the Overlord descriptions :

Schistos :
"Schistos ships" should be "The Schistos' ships"; "and battle" should be "and signs of battle"; "their close ally" should be "their close allies"

Cryptospor :
"Their defensive abilities are high, and they use ballistic weapons" should be "They have high defensive capabilities and use ballistic weapons";
"causes an adrenaline rush for a short duration" should be "causes them to experience a momentary adrenaline rush"; "hive civilization" should be "Hive civilization";
"both sides will still attack the other" should be "both sides will still attack each other"; "will strip dead ships for organic matter" should be "will strip wrecked ships of any organic materials";
"when perceived danger is past" should be "when they no longer perceive danger"; "if their ship is also injured" should be "should their ship be damaged as well"

Spiroc :
"Spiroc Overlord fly frigates" should be "The Spiroc Overlord fly frigates";
"They gave up some sensor ability for teleport technology" should be "They've traded sensor range for small-scale teleportation capabilities";
"Beams are their main weapons" should be "Their main weapons are beams";
"Spiroc often hang near gates hoping to catch new prey" should be "Spiroc often hang out nearby gates in hopes of catching new prey coming through";
"and frequently travel together" should be "and are frequently found travelling together"

Acanth :
"while hoping you'll run into their mines" should be "[...], trying to lure enemies into their mines instead";
"Impressive shielding make them hard to kill" should be "Impressive shielding makes them tough to destroy"; "You may pass unnoticed" should be "Some may slip past unnoticed";
"critically injured ships" should be "critically damaged ships"

Baylisa :
"Besides missiles" should be "Besides their missiles"; "they fight with rift generators, which effectively slows enemies" should be "they employ rift generators to effectively slow down their enemies"

Valgor
09-24-2012, 06:43 AM

Gleria :
"with a distortion field that hides their ships in illusion" should be "equipped with a distortion field that shrouds their ships in illusion";
"Occasionally their ships have short lived, random hyperspeed bursts" should be "Occasionally, their ships break out in temporary bursts of speed";
"Gleria are enemies with the Helic. The Helic shockwave disrupts the Gleria's distortion field" should be "Gleria are enemies with the Helic because the Helics' shockwaves disrupt their distortion field"

Trypanos :
"Trypanos frigates" should be "The Trypanos' frigates"; "and attack up close with beams" should be "and attack with beams from a short range";
"The Trypanos are drawn to radiation. It's necessary for the parasite's lifecycle" should be "Trypanos are drawn to sources of radiation, since it is necessary for the parasites' lifecycle.";
"have led to war" should be "have led to a war"

Leishma :
"Stunning missiles give Leishma Overlord dreadnoughts a distinct advantage" should be "Disabling stun missiles give the Leishma Overlord dreadnoughts a distinct advantage";
"They also utilize ballistic weapons" should be "[...], but they also make use of ballistic weapons"; "They're agile" should be "They're pretty agile";
"and fearless about exploring dangerous solar systems" should be "and explore the most dangerous systems without fear";
"While searching an Legion heavy system" should be "While scouting a system occupied by Legion"

Helic :
"Helic fly" should be "The Helic fly"; "They assault enemies" should be "They pelt their enemies";
"but employ a shockwave weapon when close" should be "but employ a devastating shockwave up close"; "Though their titans' " should be "Though their titans";
"the Helic use scattered shot tactics with multiple enemies" should be "the Helic will spread their fire between multiple targets";
"and will lose their seemingly distractible natures to focus on destroying Gleria ships" should be "and will cast aside their seemingly distractible natures to focus their fire on any present Gleria ships"

Limax :
"The Limax's dreadnoughts" should be "The Limax' dreadnoughts";
"It fires thermal, electric magnetic, and radiation beam weapons" should be "They fire beam weapons dealing thermal, electro-magnetic and radiation damage";
"They aren't as agressive at incorporating new organic life to their colony ecology and may not attack"
should be "They're not as eager to incorporate new organic life into their colonies and therefore may not attack";
"Once Limax decide to attack" should be "However, once the Limax decide to attack";
"even when such tenacity is detrimental to survival" should be "even if such tenacity should prove detrimental to their survival"

That's it for the monster ship descriptions. I might do the Race descriptions next, but I've yet to come across all of the possible subraces.

Valgor
09-25-2012, 07:19 AM
- The component "Repulsar Beam" should be called "Repulsor Beam"; "ECM Detecter" should be "ECM Detector"
- It would make a bit more sense to call "Gamma" components "Gamma Burst" instead (Gamma Burst Mines, for example)
- In the Borderless Window option tooltip, "the windows" should be "the window", or better yet "the game's window"

4. Should be "impostor-controlled ship".

- In the same quest text, "some how" should be "somehow"; "We want the ship destroyed immediatly" would sound better as "We want that ship destroyed immediatly"

Roswitha
09-27-2012, 02:32 AM
I tried to rescue a ship but monsters got to it first. The quest log says "Failed (planet destroyed)".

There's an extra period in the image.

Valgor
09-27-2012, 04:47 AM
When trading planet knowledge, the system names of planets listed under "We Offer" are misprinted as ##2## . It's always the same, regardless of the actual system name or system owner.

Oh, and taking screenshots in borderless window mode crashes the game.

Shadow
09-27-2012, 09:53 AM
When trading planet knowledge, the system names of planets listed under "We Offer" are misprinted as ##2## . It's always the same, regardless of the actual system name or system owner.

That's strange, it works fine for me. Is anyone else seeing this?

Crisses
09-27-2012, 10:46 AM
That's strange, it works fine for me. Is anyone else seeing this?

Yes -- it happens when you click the planet data to actually trade it and it moves into the "you're trading this" section. I forgot to mention it.

In case it matters, I'm on a Mac.

Shadow
09-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes -- it happens when you click the planet data to actually trade it and it moves into the "you're trading this" section. I forgot to mention it.

In case it matters, I'm on a Mac.

Ah, that's what I was missing. Valgor even mentioned that part.

PixelLord
09-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Ah, that's what I was missing. Valgor even mentioned that part.

Happening to me too. The planet name was Cyonia under planet knowledge, but shows up as this when you get it under "We Offer"

Valgor
09-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Valgor even mentioned that part.

Sorry, my wording might've been a bit misleading.

Shadow
09-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Sorry, my wording might've been a bit misleading.

No, I just missed it. :(

Valgor
09-29-2012, 06:46 AM
"DoomsdayWave" in the Doomsday Wave quest text is missing a space.

Valgor
10-01-2012, 06:41 AM
After two separate (but from the same race) waves of attackers destroyed a planet, this message popped up :

Valgor
10-01-2012, 05:32 PM
The item "ECM sweep Jammer" should be called "ECM Sweep Jammer" .

Roswitha
10-05-2012, 11:07 PM
If I'm on the map screen, I can use the starlanes to skip to the next system over. However, when I mouse over the name of the next system, it displays the quests for the current system.

Roswitha
10-08-2012, 04:48 PM
1. Either put a comma after 'Well' or remove it.

2. Hyde Healer should be plural in the second sentence.

3. 'of' needs removed.

4. Same as 2.

"Drakk killed Immobiliser" Unless Immobiliser is British, it should be spelled with a 'z'. The sentence needs a period.

Valgor
10-09-2012, 12:58 PM
In the Drakk hybrid quest text, "Just think of things we could do with people with [...]" should be "Just think of the things we could do with people who have [...]" .

Roswitha
10-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Need a space before 'on'.

Valgor
10-25-2012, 09:51 AM
On the Planet Status panel, "Food Grow Rate" should be "Food Growth Rate"; "Food Needed Rate" would read better as "Food Consumption Rate".
To keep things consistent, "Ship build time estimate" should be capitalized.

Roswitha
10-30-2012, 02:46 AM
1. 'spot' and 'jamming' need capitalized.

2. Still having trouble when I solve a monster's quest and then click 'Talk'. Maybe have the Solve menu disappear?

Valgor
11-05-2012, 06:53 AM
- There's a missing stop at the end of one of the Hive's neutral trade responses.

- The number of enemy ships left to complete a war quest is misprinted.

Roswitha
11-05-2012, 07:10 PM
1. "They are" should be "It is".

2. "They are" should be "It is". "They build" should be "It builds".

3. "insectiod" should be "insectoid".

4. "genetically" only has one 'c'.

5. Am I supposed to kill Acanth Shade or Superior Obsidian?

Roswitha
11-05-2012, 07:19 PM
1. "Recieve" should be "Receive."

2. You probably mean "Dominium". Also, it shows crosshairs when I mouse over it, but I can't shoot it, and I'm not at war with it.

Valgor
11-05-2012, 08:39 PM
5. Am I supposed to kill Acanth Shade or Superior Obsidian?

I'd guess and say you should kill Acanth Shades, since they seem to be the ones actually attacking.
Followers of an uprising don't necessarily need to belong to the same kind as the original insurgents.

Roswitha
11-08-2012, 02:52 AM
This would be awfully hard to find. :) Can it include the system?

Valgor
11-08-2012, 06:58 AM
This might seem a bit nitpicky, especially this late in the beta (and since I went over this previously), but I suggest these changes to the Game Options menu for clarity and consistency:

- "Hide Crappy Components" should become "Hide basic components", since there are no real "crappy" components in the game;
just basic, non-tweaked versions (unlike Din's where there were rusted, cracked, dented etc. items). The tooltip should be changed accordingly.

- "Show player health bar" should become "Show player status bars". Structure could be considered the player ship's "health", but everything else has no sensible analogy.
The tooltip should be changed accordingly.

- Similarly, "Show ingame Health Bars" should become "Show ingame status bars".

- "Use show items toggle" should become "Use show item text toggle".

- "Can shake screen" should become "Use screen shake effect".

- "Show Use Hints" should be "Show use hints".

- "Pickup components by text" should become "Pick up items by text only".

- "Show Clock" should become "Show realtime clock".

- "Thrusters Toggle" should become "Use thruster toggle".

- "Thrusters Disengage" should become "Use thruster disengage".

- "Thruster Cursor" should become "Use thrust towards cursor".

- "Allow Basic Mouse Move" should become "Use basic mouse movement".

- "Show Simple Tips" should become "Show simple tips only".

- "Show Full Player Menu" should become "Show full player info". The tooltip should be changed accordingly.

- "Show relation numbers" should be moved to the spot between "Show XP numbers" and "Use show items toggle".

- "Long Range Target Lock" should become "Offscreen target lock".

Sedlex
11-09-2012, 06:15 AM
"Attenuater" should be spelt "attenuator" (Inertial attenuater low power item)

Roswitha
11-24-2012, 01:56 AM
'Militay' needs an 'r'.

Valgor
12-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Encountered a nameless wandering vendor (v1.000).

Valgor
12-03-2012, 10:02 AM
The second "of" in "of all of the known races" in the Power Rankings tooltip/help text seems superfluous.

Roswitha
12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Version 1.000

1. 'themselves' should be 'itself'.

2. We still have a problem when I solve a quest for a lone monster, and then click 'Talk'.

3. Help! My mine is being eaten by a weather machine.

4. 3.0 what? Million? Percent?

5. 'PreventsMovement' needs a space.

Congratulations on the release. :)

Roswitha
12-03-2012, 08:50 PM
1. Need a space after 'with'.

2. Need a unit after 0.9.

3. Needs a space.

4. Overlord in Dimensional Pocket.

Shadow
12-04-2012, 09:29 AM
4. Overlord in Dimensional Pocket.

For this one, was this sector created before or after 0.931?

Valgor
12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
I can confirm that Overlord quests still spawn their target in a dimensional pocket, post 0.931 .
While I don't really have a problem with it, the quest should at least give the name of the system where the entrance to that particular pocket can be found.

Roswitha
12-04-2012, 11:39 AM
For this one, was this sector created before or after 0.931?

After. On December 1st.