PDA

View Full Version : Thruster & Fire Commands Interfering With Each Other

NefariousKoel
06-14-2012, 11:02 PM
When I try to mix the WASD keys with clicking, only one seems to work and it turns off the active W key for forward thrust. Is this WAD? I'm having problems thrusting with the W key while trying to click on targets with the mouse button .. I stop and have to re-key W again to get thrust up once more.

The only way I've been able to smoothly fly & shoot is by holding down the mouse button to thrust and using my hotbar keys to fire. This wouldn't be such a bad setup if the L-click of the mouse button was a toggle for on/off Thrust. Gets to be a pain holding down the LMB for such long periods. Perhaps add this as an option??

Also, the ship only turns in one direction when W and a turn key (A or S) are held down - always goes left IIRC. So using more than one WASD key, together at the same time, is also not working correctly.

Thanks! ;)

PixelLord
06-14-2012, 11:19 PM
When I try to mix the WASD keys with clicking, only one seems to work and it turns off the active W key for forward thrust. Is this WAD? I'm having problems thrusting with the W key while trying to click on targets with the mouse button .. I stop and have to re-key W again to get thrust up once more.

The only way I've been able to smoothly fly & shoot is by holding down the mouse button to thrust and using my hotbar keys to fire. This wouldn't be such a bad setup if the L-click of the mouse button was a toggle for on/off Thrust. Gets to be a pain holding down the LMB for such long periods. Perhaps add this as an option??

Also, the ship only turns in one direction when W and a turn key (A or S) are held down - always goes left IIRC. So using more than one WASD key, together at the same time, is also not working correctly.

Thanks! ;)

Question: If you tap the W key to autothrust, can't you just place your cursor over the object you want to shoot and then press the weapon's hotkey? Granted you ship will be turning towards the cursor unless you have turned that off. Just curious... Left clicking turns off autothrust, which is why it's probably better to use the weapon's hotkey instead of the left mouse button for attacks as things are currently set up; but things will probably need to be modified for players who want to use the LMB to attack while autothrusting.

NefariousKoel
06-14-2012, 11:24 PM
I didn't have the hotkey turned on, didn't know there was one until you just mentioned it.

However, the above mentioned key interference will still be an issue for those who don't want to use the toggle. It's probably what most people will be using at first.

EDIT: Perhaps the "Thruster Disengage" option is always on, even though the tooltip states it's supposed to only be used with the Thruster Toggle on (which wasn't at the time).

PixelLord
06-14-2012, 11:30 PM
I didn't have the hotkey turned on, didn't know there was one until you just mentioned it.

However, the above mentioned key interference will still be an issue for those who don't want to use the toggle. It's probably what most people will be using at first.

EDIT: Perhaps the "Thruster Disengage" option is always on, even though the tooltip states it's supposed to only be used with the Thruster Toggle on (which wasn't at the time).

Thanks, that's all good information. We'll need to make all this clearer and function properly.

NefariousKoel
06-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Confirmed the 'Thruster Disengage' works in all cases.

Also.. it defaults to On while the Thruster Toggle option is off. This is what was making my movements always cease when I clicked something or fired... very confuzzling.

NefariousKoel
06-15-2012, 12:42 AM
I'd like to see the W key, alone, be an On-Off toggle for thrusters when the Toggle option is set. So we don't need to bother with the extra key to turn it off (S), making it easier to use the 1-0 hotkeys.

Or make an option to make the L-Mouse button do the same thing: toggle Thrust both On & Off. :)