PDA

View Full Version : anything like S.P.A.Z.

secretkillerofnames
06-15-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm liking Drox Operative much better so far and am not sure why. I played Space Pirates and Zombies in beta also but didn't get very far or download the final version.
Without starting a flame war, i'm interested in anyone commenting on the differences/similarities.

To me Drox is like Dins/DOP with Star Control II elements.
When I played SPAZ I just remember thinking it was Star Control II lite.

all_zebest
06-16-2012, 03:23 AM
I like both too, for different reasons. Drox has the Soldak feeling, in the menus, the numerous options, and a 3/4 perspective view that I love, whereas SPAZ has the most beautiful backgrounds and a very airy music. Both have action and a sens of urgeness. My advice is to buy both!

xFlashx
06-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Spaz looked great in picture, and concept, but when i played it, i couldn't get over the 'arcady' feel, did not like. I am hoping this game will go for a more capital ship feel

tuberski
06-29-2012, 01:16 AM
You didn't play SPAZ enough. There are plenty of capital ships in the late game.

I think you should be able to use more than 1 weapon at a time on a ship. I haven't bought DROX yet, just my impressions from the videos.

Cheet4h
06-29-2012, 04:08 AM
You can, but you have to have a lot of energy to use two weapons efficiently.

sea
07-14-2012, 05:40 AM
It's much better to think of Drox Operative as Diablo (or Din's Curse, whatever) in space. SPAZ has much more depth in its mechanics and resembles a traditional 4X strategy game more. Drox is basically an action-RPG draped on top of a 4X background, and the strategy is mostly superficial (at least right now). Both games are good but I don't think I'd want to directly compare them.