PDA

View Full Version : Full Version Purchase Questions

Celes
01-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi,

I've been playing the demo for a while and would like to purchase the full version. I have a few questions though.

If you choose the Buy option through the Soldak Website, you get the option of an electronic download or for an additional $10 the electronic download and a physical CD.

Is this electronic version the same as the retail version?

As in will it take any of the patches released without any further hassle. I've read that if you purchased through reflexive you have to re download it from there in order to get the newest version so does the e-version offered through the Buy Now option avoid this?

Also, if I choose to download the e-version, am I allowed to save it to a CD myself?
1. will it work as in can I reuse the homemade CD in the future; and
2. would it be breaking any type of EULA or law anywhere?

Thank you very much for any information.

Shadow
01-20-2008, 07:21 PM
There isn't a retail version yet. Either option that you choose through us would be the same version and both work with our patches on our website. Currently the only version that can't use our patches is the Reflexive version.

You are welcome to burn the download to a CD for backup purposes and I actually recommend that you do.

waldeen
01-21-2008, 06:07 AM
I to have what probably sounds like a very basic ? I have downloaded and paid for the full version but can't seem to get into the game yet. You see, I can't seem to get past the Enter Key Box. it is asking me to enter the registration name & key exactly as given to me. I don't know what name they want other than the name on my credit card & I copy & pasted the registration # in the key spot. Not working. Please tell me what I am doing wrong Someone Please??!!

Delve
01-21-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm not sure where you purchased your copy from, but Manifesto sent me an email that contained the following:
Your activation key for game Depths of Peril (PC) is Name: <name here>; Key: <key here>

You need to enter the <name here> and <key here> parts exactly as they are in the email. The text between the ':' and the ';' to be more specific.

I assume that wherever you bought yours from sent you a similar email?

Shadow
01-21-2008, 03:22 PM
If you ordered the game through us, the name it wants is whatever you typed in when you ordered the game and the key is the really long sequence (like 60 numbers/letters with dashes every 6 digits or so). If that doesn't help, you can also send me an email (http://www.soldak.com/Company/Contact.html) and I can probably figure it out either from your name or email address.

Celes
01-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Just a couple more questions.

If I have to uninstall the game or if something happens and I have a backup of the executable, can I just reinstall it like I did the first time with the same registration information?

Also, for patches, do I have to apply each one in succession or is it just the most recent patch that I need to use?

Thank you for the help.

Shadow
01-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Yes, if you need to reinstall for some reason, just rerun the installer exe that you downloaded and type in the key again and it should work fine.

As for patches, so far they have been all inclusive patches, so you just need to install the latest version.

lakoko
03-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I have already purchased the game through Reflexive and I found out the game is very fun to play. So I am planning to buy one for my brother. He live in a place where there is no Internet Access and requires game CD to be mailed into his facility. My questions are:
1. Does he require Internet to activate the game?
2. If he has the CD from Soldak Entertainment, does he still require the key or un-lock code to play the game? Will the key or unlock code included with the game?

Shadow
03-11-2008, 03:24 PM
I answered lakoko in an email already, but I'll answer again here so that anyone else that has the same question will see the answer.

Assuming you are buying through our main website and choose the CD option, the person that receives the CD will not need internet access and they should receive the needed registration info along with the CD.