PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Incentives

spacehog
06-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Regretfully, my internet connection isn't fast enough for multiplayer, but I would still like to promote the feature because it was some of the most fun I had in Din's Curse/Demon War.

A feature that enticed players to host multiplayer games would be awesome. Games like Borderlands have systems that create better loot drops in multiplayer games. A similar system would benefit Drox Operative (and Din's/Demon War for that matter.) Maybe hosting a game online could add a better loot drop chance modifier to the server, and each additional player in the server could boost that percentage. (I'm sure there are more creative modifier ideas out there to promote multiplayer, so hopefully this thread will serve as a breeding ground for multiplayer incentives.)

keith.lamothe
06-15-2012, 08:54 PM
I know in my first time playing a sector I felt tremendous incentive to recruit another player so that we could find the star systems (at least the ones not insta-death to new players) before the NPCs made quests for them :) Not to mention doing the quests themselves, which can be pretty time-sensitive.

Basically, just having the ability to be more than one place at a time is pretty huge.

But yea, another approach is to scale up the monsters and scale up their loot accordingly.

Bomphav
06-16-2012, 12:10 AM
I agree; it is helpful to have a second person scouting. I recall to when Din's Curse came out, and there were usually a couple of servers running. But, after a month or two, it was hard to find anyone hosting (even with the server thread in the forums).