PDA

View Full Version : A few possible issues/bugs

ShaggyMoose
06-16-2012, 12:13 AM
- I was parked at a colony while the wildlife was ineffectually shooting at me. Suddenly I was thrown out of the trade screen and greeted with a message that I had destroyed the colony! I was callous, true, but I didn't pull the trigger...

- When it says that I can't place any more markers but there are no markers in the current system or showing on my radar, is there no way to clear them all? If not, this is kind of annoying.

- I was trying to rescue Sper the Helpless (again!), but it keep saying there are enemies around. However, there is no one to be seen within a radius of about two screens.

- When you get a mission to pick up some goods and it says they were last seen on planet X, is it a bug when planet X does not actually have any of these goods?

- Getting dumped out of a wormhole next to a hostile planet is a great way to get insta-killed. If I was masochistic enough to play in hard core mode, this would be a lousy way to die.

Roswitha
06-16-2012, 01:59 AM
More possible issues. :)

I had auto-thrust on, clicked on an Ancient Recharge Station as I zoomed past, and it kept charging within a fairly large radius as long as I didn't fire anything. Bug or feature?

I had a quest where I need to go to point A to get something, then deliver it to point B. The green * appeared by the system for point A, even after I had the cargo and was on my way to point B. Can the green * switch to the new system?

Roswitha
06-16-2012, 02:31 AM
I happened to hit the ~ button and it listed some errors. See the attachment.

aReclusiveMind
06-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Additional issues:

Weapons become invisible or stop firing

Description:
Weapons used: Cheap Fusion Beam I, Cheap Nuclear Mine II

I've noticed that occasionally when dropping the nuclear mines, it will play the sound effect and activate the cooldown, but no visible mine drops. I also am pretty sure it isn't actually placing a mine as it seemed like enemy ships could fly over it and take no damage. If I keep trying they eventually appear again when dropped.

The fusion beam will occasionally fire without showing the actual beam. The sound effect does play. When I exited to the main menu and reloaded the beam graphic came back again.

- After accessing a jump gate (and not using it), pressing M to access the system map for a short period of time after that will default to the jump gate map instead of the normal galaxy/system map. I do this often when I discover I don't have the jump gate to go somewhere and want to see which systems have nearby starlanes. I am unable to without waiting a bit.

- Enemy relationships can be exploited for absurd credit amounts
I had an alliance with the Lithasoid and around 85 rep with them. They were willing to trade me every last dime they had, over 180k, for absolutely nothing in return. This seems to be a definite exploit.

Zengrath
06-16-2012, 12:54 PM
I can add to the enemies can be exploited for ridiculous money. In my first sector i was learning ropes of game and i got to a point where i had alliance with 2 races but 3rd only had one planet and no quests and was alliances with the 2 races i was alliances with. it seemed i was stuck and wouldn't be able to complete in a reasonable amount of time that map. Then i realized i could take $400,000 money from my alliances and give it all to the last race to get my relationship up with them and win the map. not only was i able to buy alliance with the final faction but taking all money from my other 2 alliances actually improved their relationship with me!

Now i suppose i coulda avoided taking all the money, but i couldn't figure out at time if it was a bug or was supposed to work that way. but i think it's a bug....... since now i lost the feeling of always trying to earn/need money since i have so much i can buy all the speed/energy/shield boosts i want and all stuff i want. probably will start over sometime without exploiting to keep balance during testing.

Bomphav
06-17-2012, 01:32 AM
My user file log.txt has some of the same errors that Roswitha listed in the photo. My log.txt is as follows:

Safe and dependant systems initialized
Database parsed
Graphics system initialized
Opened Built-in Output Device
Using 256 sound sources
Sound system initialized
Input initialized
Debug system started
Couldn't find Textures/outline.ctx
Done initializing
Couldn't find Effects/itemOnGroundMonster.eff
Couldn't find Sounds/Objects/gateInactive.wav
Couldn't find Sounds/Objects/gateActive.wav

kerzain
06-17-2012, 02:54 AM
Here are a couple questionable oddities that may or may not be intentional, or bugs:
1. Because of the way certain quest turn-ins are handled, the destination world might not be able to afford to purchase certain trade goods from you in order to solve the quest. This forces players to spend money they might not otherwise want to spend.

2. I can't seem to figure out a way to select an enemy planet in order to see its current status effects (riots, famine etc), without simply clicking on it, and unintentionally firing shots at it (angering nearby enemy fleets that might otherwise be ignoring you etc). I can manually unequip all weapons before selecting it, but that's a bit of a hassle, and a pretty bad idea given the circumstances.

Valgor
06-17-2012, 07:34 AM
1. Because of the way certain quest turn-ins are handled, the destination world might not be able to afford to purchase certain trade goods from you in order to solve the quest. This forces players to spend money they might not otherwise want to spend.

There's an easy solution to this problem; just drop the goods in question into the Donation slot at the bottom of the vendor's inventory.

Jinsai
06-17-2012, 01:41 PM
I had a wormhole or other small gate spawn underneath a planet where I couldn't see it, but could still click on it.

Similar kind of thing happened in Din's Curse, where items ("evidence") would spawn under the dungeon gate or chests and could not be seen.

Shadow
06-18-2012, 04:20 PM
2. I can't seem to figure out a way to select an enemy planet in order to see its current status effects (riots, famine etc), without simply clicking on it, and unintentionally firing shots at it (angering nearby enemy fleets that might otherwise be ignoring you etc). I can manually unequip all weapons before selecting it, but that's a bit of a hassle, and a pretty bad idea given the circumstances.

If you have nothing in your right click slot, you can right click on it safely.

Chumpy
06-18-2012, 05:14 PM
How long is a Smoke Screen supposed to stay around? I Smoke Screened a planet yesterday and it's still there. Bug or feature?

PixelLord
06-18-2012, 05:18 PM
How long is a Smoke Screen supposed to stay around? I Smoke Screened a planet yesterday and it's still there. Bug or feature?

Model looks OK, Shadow. Must be something you'll need to check.

Shadow
06-18-2012, 05:22 PM

It's probably meant to stay around for some thing like 30 seconds.

( Tchey )
06-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Smoke stays forever fo me, new game in .901