PDA

View Full Version : Bug with Fusion Cannon, or Feature?

Brian Rubin
06-16-2012, 02:06 AM
I just played 3 more hours of this, and I'm loving it, but I might've found an odd bug. Have you guys tried using fusion cannons? I just got one, and I'm enjoying it, but it seems to leave nothing left of the enemy, including no explosions. I thought this was neat until I had to fetch some Sleeping Schistos Hooks for a terraforming mission (whut?) and found that none of the dead Schistos I was killing were leaving any hooks, so this has me wondering, does a fusion cannon make a ship just evaporate? No loot or drops or nothing? That makes no sense. . :/

Shadow
06-16-2012, 11:57 AM
No, it's not meant to do that. What sized sector are you playing in?

Brian Rubin
06-16-2012, 01:18 PM
I think normal, but how can I find out for sure?

Okay, this is weird. I was playing in the system I needed the hooks in, so I switched out the cheap fusion beam I with a budget laser II, and while that worked as it should more often, it still did the thing the fusion beam was doing every so often.

Basically, instead of a visible weapon effect, firing the weapon would make a sound like something was pounding on the hull, followed by either the enemy ship damaged or destroyed. If the ship was destroyed, it simply disappeared. I got the XP for it, but the only drop would be credits, nothing else.

If the weapon worked as normal, with visible effects, then the chance of an item drop was more likely after a visible explosion.

I hope this helps!

Shadow
06-17-2012, 01:46 PM
There's not really a way to figure out what sized sector you are in except to remember.

I'm hoping that this bug is fixed in 0.901.

Brian Rubin
06-17-2012, 10:58 PM
There's not really a way to figure out what sized sector you are in except to remember.

I'm hoping that this bug is fixed in 0.901.

OMG YAY! I'll try it as soon as I can and report back.

Brian Rubin
06-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Hey, this seems to have worked. Weapon effects now appear as they should, and ships don't simply disappear anymore. Thanks!