PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is the game about?

Neofit
06-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi,

The Overview page lists some RPG elements, a galaxy to explore, factions, gear and what have you. Yet all the screenshots I am seeing here are showing what looks like a 2-D arcade space shooter, that alone wouldn't be much fun AFAIC - SPAZ got repetitive and old quite fast. So is there anything beside a modern-day version of Asteroids / Gratuitous Space Battles that I am seeing in the screenshots? Already in or planned?

I wish there was a demo like for Towns.

Shadow
06-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Well the quick version is it is somewhat similar to our previous games Depths of Peril and Din's Curse but in space, except there are huge races running around and doing things all over the place.

There will eventually be a demo though.

DeathKnight1728
06-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Im a big fan of dop and dins curse. However, at this stage, i can say that with the improved diplomacy options and the generally different concept, i actually like drox just as much as dop. Its really alot of fun as there are a lot of different ways of playing the game. Im using missiles for long range devastation in the same vein that a ranger would use long range bows in dins curse. Its really just like a class-type rpg, only in space.

Neofit
06-16-2012, 01:06 PM
How about you post some screenshots of the RPG elements, the galaxy screen, the races window or diplomacy or trade or however you interact with the NPCs, the ship outfitting screen, etc.? To move the game from the "yawn, more 2-D arcade space combat" category to "wow, you can do all that too?" :)

DeathKnight1728
06-17-2012, 05:48 PM
How about you post some screenshots of the RPG elements, the galaxy screen, the races window or diplomacy or trade or however you interact with the NPCs, the ship outfitting screen, etc.? To move the game from the "yawn, more 2-D arcade space combat" category to "wow, you can do all that too?" :)

If you want to know what the diplomacy looks like, it is really very much like depths of peril, but just in space and much much more tactics to use. In depths of peril the main tactic was wiping out the weak guy and rinse and repeat until the last guy left can be taken out.

In drox, it pays to have a level head more so than in dop. You cant go romping around wiping out people, you have to think tactically. Should you goat an enemy into fighting one of your allies to wipe that enemy out, or will you try and risk allying with them, knowing that they might turn or your ally might turn on you for getting them involved with this nut!

The game is really good and i could go on for more. I really like it just as much as dop.