PDA

View Full Version : Major Bug?

The K
06-16-2012, 02:32 PM
If you join ANOTHER multiplayer game YOUR map for your locally stored sector is reset.

-Details/me rambling on and on:
I am not sure if this is 100% of the time but so far 3/3 for me. When you create a ship and start a sector all is fine. You can fly around, do your faction stuff, and explore the whole sector. Hosting a internet server using the very same sector seems to work fine and the sector's progress is maintained. The problem I have ran into is if you join another internet server and then try to load up the locally stored sector you had in progress the map is completely reset, all planets are undiscovered, all systems are gone from galaxy map, and you can't travel by jumpgate to anywhere so basically the entire sector map is reset. The races' standings seem to stay the same, however. The ally and enemy standings between all races are maintained, only the map is reset. It isn't a new map either because all the planets and other structures are in the same position. Planets that were destroyed are still destroyed and ships hovering around planets are in the same position. Only you and your map seem to be reset so you have to go discover everything again. It's not like resetting fog of war EVERYTHING in the map is missing.

Shadow
06-17-2012, 01:49 PM
That's kind of by design although not the ideal obviously. Basically your character only saves 1 set of maps/gates etc.

Lyranaar
06-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Would there perhaps be the chance to change that at a later time?

The last singleplayer map and the last multiplayer map are both often used scenarios.
Perhaps ONE multiplayermap and ONE singleplayermap per character could be saved.
Especially if you regularly play together with one person that always is the client. So sorting in a singleplayer game or quickly playing around always kills the multiplayer map.

While in Din that was not ideal it didn't hurt that much. In Drox with all the planets it's really a much greater loss.

Shadow
06-17-2012, 02:10 PM
I put it on my todo list to at least think about. Off hand I'm not sure how feasible it is.