PDA

View Full Version : Usability suggestions

profanicus
06-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Here are some ideas to improve the usability, feel free to add more.

Allow us to zoom the view out a little more.
An option for proper drag/drop rather than drag/click to drop.
Borderless window mode, the best of both worlds.
'Close all' key that shuts all open windows and returns to the game, maybe un-pausing as well.
A separate key to toggle thrust on/off. I like driving the ship with the keys, it gives good control over turning circle but I would also like to be able to toggle an "autorun" now and again as well.
Swap component colour coding so that heavy is red and medium is blue (light stays as green), it makes more sense to me this way.
Mini-map could show the direction of all known planets/lanes etc. around the edge, colour-coded to faction and scaled by distance.
Key to toggle system/galaxy map.
Tooltips on planets in the map screen show stats and modifiers.
"Centre on player" on the map screen returns the view to your current system.
A map icon that shows where I have items "on hold" with merchants. Mouse-over could show the item as a tooltip as well.
Currently you can show a system by right-clicking it on the galaxy map. Extend this so you can navigate the display of systems by right-clicking the lanes and gates to display the connected system map. This saves going back to the galaxy map to change to a different system.

Jinsai
06-17-2012, 01:46 AM
I would add the following:
Store/Purchase UI could use some work
- Borders on items aren't obvious enough for discerning what's what
- Should sort or separate or group into heavy, medium, and light
- Filter options to show only green or better

Suggest making the difference between Heavy, Medium and Light more obvious - you're already using color to differentiate quality. Perhaps you could use different shapes or sizes to further separate them.

Shadow
06-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Key to toggle system/galaxy map.

Tab will toggle between system and sector maps.