PDA

View Full Version : Hello

kaeruu
01-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Hello to Shadow and to everyone.

I'm new to this forum, hehe. But not to the game though, I've actually already tweaked the game for myself (added new skills for my warrior, and healing to my mage). If given the chance I'd actually even volunteer to help in improving the future games (assuming its still needs improvement). I totally lurve this game, lol.

I just have have a question though, Shadow, about the programming. Why is it that the skills have no limits? (except for Plate armor etc) I mean I could put limits on it myself, the problem is I don't know up to what level these skills should be limited. My question is in concern also to my brother, who keeps telling me he's having difficulties distributing points 'cos every skill does not seem to have any limits. Thanks for your reply, and good day.

Shadow
01-21-2008, 03:37 PM
They mostly don't have limits because I don't particularly like arbitrary limits. Depths of Peril basically has soft limits instead of hard limits (like a skill level cap). At some point in time, using more and more points to gain 1 level of a skill is counterproductive and your skill points are probably better placed in another skill that is currently cheaper.

kaeruu
01-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Oh I see, so that's the use of +1 skill point addition per level. Thanks Shadow! By the way, this game of yours is so addicitve, I already forget my schoolwork because of it, lol.