PDA

View Full Version : Talking to planets

rune_74
06-17-2012, 01:08 PM
I have been playing and enjoying the game. But it seems there isn't a lot of feed back given by the game.

At the moment for instance when I talk to a planet it spouts off some random sci fi in joke, but nothing about the race or current events. I think this is a missed opportunity to give back ground/info. Hints of certain events or just stuff for background would be awesome here.

rune_74
06-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Am I really the only one who feels this?

Reefpirate
06-19-2012, 12:45 AM
I guess I just kind of got used to the Talk not meaning a whole lot since playing Din's and Depths of Peril.

You're right that it would be kind of nice to have some of the current state of events reflected in the talk. However, I think I would rather the talk produce something a little more practical if anything, like maps of star systems or locations of treasures or enemies.

rune_74
06-19-2012, 12:51 AM
I guess I just kind of got used to the Talk not meaning a whole lot since playing Din's and Depths of Peril.

You're right that it would be kind of nice to have some of the current state of events reflected in the talk. However, I think I would rather the talk produce something a little more practical if anything, like maps of star systems or locations of treasures or enemies.

I agree, anything at all...or just get rid of it. It seems useless.

fluffybot
06-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Figures I'd remember the random insult generator from Well of Souls. I swear, if that was in the game I'd spend a lot more time talking to races I'm not on the best of terms with.

You've got a point though, and with the amount of subtle characterization in the various faction relation messages it'd certainly be nice to have more variation when talking to planets. Another nice touch would be comments from a race that's taken over a planet previously colonized by an enemy, like "There were empty containers soaked through with bacon grease, adorned with strange yellow arch patterns and filled with cardboard and styrofoam of varying textures scattered all over this place." or "Didn't take us long to find out what part of the anthill all the droppings get tucked away in. Tore a hole in the ozone the size of a freighter but we finally got rid of it all. Wouldn't recommend using the inferno to roast weenies, though; they tasted like month-old chinese food." Since the talk dialog is kind of superficial I can't imagine spending much time on those, but they could add a little bit of character to the game.

ShaggyMoose
06-19-2012, 07:13 AM
I agree, anything at all...or just get rid of it. It seems useless.
Sometimes they talk about things happening in the galaxy, but not often.

gornova
06-19-2012, 08:41 AM
I agree with first point: If a race is destroyed, someone must talk about this, right?