PDA

View Full Version : Energy Use post-.901

Reefpirate
06-17-2012, 01:50 PM
So I love the patch over all, and I'm going to go play it now. As I mentioned in the patch thread I really like the changes you made to the massive AoE weapons. There should be more balance now with damage and energy usage.

However, I am a little worried about all weapons being identical with their energy usage. Before I figured that lasers consuming more energy was a sort of hidden draw back to them. Now all weapons seem to be the same sort of energy consumption, which is good for balance.

But, I think it would be cool to have a weapon type, either one of the current weapon types or a new one, that was either more or less demanding on energy so that there is a a decision to be made about how many batteries and battery rechargers, etc. you want to use.

If you go for a low energy type of weapon, expect to do less damage but also be able to fit more components in place of the batteries or battery rechargers you would need to support higher energy consumption weapons.

Previously I thought that missiles and rail guns would serve this role...

Thoughts?

Shadow
06-17-2012, 02:02 PM
I will probably vary the energy usage at some point in time to do exactly what you are saying, but at least for right now I wanted to get all of the major weapons to the same place.