PDA

View Full Version : modding question

ovideo
01-21-2008, 05:15 PM
1st off - i have the reflexive version, this might be the source of my problems but i don't know for sure and that's why i'm asking

after playing the game for a while and reading this forum i've decided to tinker with the game a bit. i've been trying to modify a few things in system.gdb. i understand the safe way to do it is copy the file from the latest assetsxxx.zip to the assets folder (unzipped) and modify there. doing so does not change the game settings (tried changing skill points/lvl as the change should be obvious, but the game is as it was before).
furthermore, if i try to modify the systems.gdb that is already being used (the one in assets003.zip in my case) i get an error:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/107/93469344xi6.jpg

can anyone please explain what i'm doing wrong?

kaeruu
01-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Use notepad++ for Reflexive version. The mod provided in the site doesn't work for the reflexive (pls correct me on this Shadow), and the normal notepad adds a few chars on its own once you resave the file. Hope this helps, goodluck.

Shadow
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Mods should work for the Reflexive version fine. The only reason why the patches don't is because the patches change the exe itself (along with other things).

When adding the systems.gdb file as a loose file (as in not in the zip) make sure you put it into the current directory. It should be in c:\program files\Depths of Peril\Assets\Database\ If you installed it somewhere else the first part will be the different.

ovideo
01-23-2008, 04:26 PM
i'm using notepad++ now and it works :)
thx for the help

Baskar
05-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Forgive me for bumping an old post, but since my question relates to this topic in particular, I thought it would be fitting.

I have regular old Notepad, what is notepad++? Is it freeware and if so, where can I find it?

Thanks in advance.

Delwynndwn
05-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Notepad++ is awesome. Much better than Textpad, which happens to annoy you with occasional popups to buy it whenever you save.

Yes, Notepad++ is free!
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

Baskar
05-17-2008, 12:42 PM
hmm, wonder how my pop up blocker will treat it? Well, guess I'll find out. Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

Delwynndwn
06-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Your pop-up blocker won't do a thing to prevent the popups for Textpad. Pop-up blockers block pop-up or pop-under browser windows from appearing. The pop-up in Textpad is actually a modal dialog box that occasionally pops up.

However, having used Notepad++ for quite some time now, I think it's far superior to Textpad.