PDA

View Full Version : Quest Loot Drops

NefariousKoel
06-18-2012, 03:44 AM
I've had some quests that take ages to finish, having to fly back & forth across the same zone hoping for these quest drops from "monster" ships.

The latest, most notable one, is the Third Stage part of a Terraforming quest where I must get 3 quest-specific drops off certain monster race ships. I've only found two in the last hour of flying back & forth while shooting these mob spawns.

I don't think all the drop rates are working too well for some of these.

kerzain
06-18-2012, 04:06 AM
I've had some quests that take ages to finish, having to fly back & forth across the same zone hoping for these quest drops from "monster" ships.

The latest, most notable one, is the Third Stage part of a Terraforming quest where I must get 3 quest-specific drops off certain monster race ships. I've only found two in the last hour of flying back & forth while shooting these mob spawns.

I don't think all the drop rates are working too well for some of these.

If you're searching an inhabited system, make it a point to scour the areas around Jumpgates & Starlanes and inhabited planets too. You aren't the only person killing these enemies, and often you'll find what you're looking for just sitting there because an AI ship already did the work for you.

ShaggyMoose
06-18-2012, 09:07 AM
I have found staying in system doesn't seem to work well. I end up leaving the system for a while, the coming back. Usually this results in me finding the required drops scattered all over the system... It seems like enemies are spawning and being destroyed by other races in the background while you are off gallivanting around the universe.

NefariousKoel
06-19-2012, 05:10 AM
I'm not sure if that's ideal gameplay, though, is it? Actually leaving and/or letting the AI ships grind the 'monster' ones for your drops?? :eek:

This just sounds like something needs to be adjusted. I don't mind having to kill a few to get drops but this isn't a good situation.

fluffybot
06-19-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure if that's ideal gameplay, though, is it? Actually leaving and/or letting the AI ships grind the 'monster' ones for your drops?? :eek:

This just sounds like something needs to be adjusted. I don't mind having to kill a few to get drops but this isn't a good situation.

I've played many games where I wish this could happen! Most of the AI infighting has to do with "monsters" beating the tar out of each other and they don't really seem to be the type to do merc work, so it makes sense they'd just leave scattered "useless" junk around the galaxy. Don't get me wrong, grinding is fine, but I applaud any game that has clever solutions to grind quests.

Bluddy
06-19-2012, 11:08 AM
I think the numbers should be more limited. Finding 3-8 things is reasonable. Finding over 10 is too much when you have to search for the monsters this much.