PDA

View Full Version : Map waypoints

gornova
06-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Just right click on system map.. and find something on map is easy.. finally. This is explained into tutorial, blame to me, I've just say, okay, "skip it"! :(

but why waypoints number are limited in number in galaxy? why not say, okay just 10 in a system, doesn't matter if other systems have one, confused :-/

ScrObot
06-18-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm assuming it's because each of the waypoints is a different color, and there are only a limited number of colors defined as available.

I agree that there should be more waypoints settable, maybe resetting the colors per star system rather than galaxy-wide. And if we can set waypoints, why can't we also add a bit of text so we can remember what it is? (=

However, if the galaxy map and minimap improves, this will be less important. I started off by putting waypoints next to the starlanes and wormholes, but quickly ran into the limit, so I don't do that any more. If things like the Ancient Recharge Stations showed up on the system map, I wouldn't have to mark those either.

Shadow
06-18-2012, 06:19 PM
I limited them so you had a unique color for each one, but maybe I should do that per system instead of for the whole sector.

ebarstad
06-19-2012, 03:01 AM
I limited them so you had a unique color for each one, but maybe I should do that per system instead of for the whole sector.

That's a great idea. I like having waypoints next to wormholes, star paths, and jumpgates in each system. I run out pretty fast doing that now.

pnakotus
06-19-2012, 04:40 AM
If the minimap showed you these fixed things all the time after they're found, you wouldn't need to waypoint them.

gornova
06-19-2012, 06:38 AM
I like idea of "auto-waypoint" for starlanes and gates, it's possible Shadow?

ShaggyMoose
06-19-2012, 07:12 AM
If the minimap showed you these fixed things all the time after they're found, you wouldn't need to waypoint them.
I would like to see things auto-waypointed, with a way to toggle them on-off individually or collectively if things get too busy in a system. You could even set options for what you wanted to be auto-waypointed.

ShaggyMoose
06-24-2012, 01:44 AM
Possible bug related to waypoints here... It seems that they my carry over between systems.

When I started a new system (abandoned previous system), all my waypoints were already set. It didn't seem to have been done deliberately as there was nothing at the set points. I assume that they carried over from the previous system, which shouldn't happen.

aReclusiveMind
06-24-2012, 02:18 AM
Speaking of odd waypoint issues, I used the new pay for a rumor about a named target option tonight and the waypoint it gave me was pretty far outside of the system's normal boundaries...

In reality, he was well east of the point shown and within the normal boundaries.

I have noticed a recharge station and a few other things appearing outside of those boundaries as well though.

Shadow
06-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Speaking of odd waypoint issues, I used the new pay for a rumor about a named target option tonight and the waypoint it gave me was pretty far outside of the system's normal boundaries...

The rumored position can be outside of the system, but the actually ship really shouldn't be (at least by much).

torikamal
07-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Here's an idea to make Waypoints a little more useful.

Currently, you right-click on a map, and the waypoint shows up. Cool.

However, I propose that a CTRL-RightClick on a waypoint will make the waypoint "Reach and Remove". That way, if you just need to go somewhere quick for a one-time trip, when you get within 10 meters (or some arbitrary distance) of the waypoint, it automatically disappears, instead of having to manually remove it.

torikamal
07-10-2012, 03:22 PM
I also feel like waypoints should probably appear a little closer to the edges of the radar. Unless you're moving, it looks like they should be located where they are on the mini-map, but when you start moving, you can see that the blip is positioned a little bit out from the edge.

Valgor
07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
One thing about waypoints that really bothers me is that one can't put them directly on top of map markers (planets, jumpgates, starlanes etc.) .
The minimap should also display waypoints in adjacent systems, leading the player to the connecting starlanes.