PDA

View Full Version : Request for alternate stat - Damage Per Power

Sendrien
06-18-2012, 06:16 PM
While the DPS stat is useful, I find myself frequently wishing for another stat instead (Damage Per Power), given that power consumption is such a limiting factor for damage output. Would it be possible to have both stats, or to have an option in Options menu to replace DPS with DPP (Damage Per Power)?

It would help me choose weapons much more efficiently. Does anyone else feel this way as well?

Bluddy
06-18-2012, 06:48 PM
While the DPS stat is useful, I find myself frequently wishing for another stat instead (Damage Per Power), given that power consumption is such a limiting factor for damage output. Would it be possible to have both stats, or to have an option in Options menu to replace DPS with DPP (Damage Per Power)?

It would help me choose weapons much more efficiently. Does anyone else feel this way as well?

Are you at a high level? Because at my level (9), I'm barely equipping 2 weapons, so the limiting factor is slots rather than power.

Reefpirate
06-18-2012, 06:50 PM
I think he meant energy...

And ya, that would be kind of a cool at-a-glance stat to see.

Hyfrydle
06-18-2012, 06:51 PM
I only use one weapon and energy is a real issue for me so I think a damage per power stat would be really useful.

Valgor
06-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Same here. I hardly win any battle against medium to large groups of monsters without using at least one Energy Spike.

I've noticed energy seems to regenerate slower in battle, just like mana did in Din's and DoP. How's this justified? A ship's generators don't have to concentrate to create "mindpower", do they?

Shadow
06-18-2012, 07:19 PM
I've noticed energy seems to regenerate slower in battle, just like mana did in Din's and DoP. How's this justified? A ship's generators don't have to concentrate to create "mindpower", do they?

I'll verify, but that's not suppose to be true.

Sendrien
06-19-2012, 03:06 AM
Another way to do this would be to make a stat called "energy use per second", which would almost be the opposite of a regen stat, so you could estimate how much energy regen you need to have continuous sustainable shooting for long periods of time, rather than running out of energy in 6 shots.