PDA

View Full Version : Finished My First Game

Hyfrydle
06-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Just finished my first game and once I got my head around things it became a real blast. Managed to reach level 9 and the customisation for the ship is a really fun part of the game. The only area I can say I really didn't enjoy was searching the fog of war in sectors for specific planets or quest items.

Perhaps it should be possible to install scanners on the ship that increase the visible range in the fog of war as there upgraded to help alleviate this issue.

Looking forward to playing the next sector and seeing what the rng throws at me.

Congrats on a really original clever idea and I look forward to what the future holds.

PixelLord
06-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Just finished my first game and once I got my head around things it became a real blast. Managed to reach level 9 and the customisation for the ship is a really fun part of the game. The only area I can say I really didn't enjoy was searching the fog of war in sectors for specific planets or quest items.

Perhaps it should be possible to install scanners on the ship that increase the visible range in the fog of war as there upgraded to help alleviate this issue.

Looking forward to playing the next sector and seeing what the rng throws at me.

Congrats on a really original clever idea and I look forward to what the future holds.

I've always wanted the planets (unnamed) to at least be shown on a new system's map. They would be unidentified until you visited them. I mean, any ship visiting a new star system could at least observe where planets are, but know nothing else about them until they are visited. If you had a quest involving some named planet in that system, at least you'd have some specific locations to check out. I think that would speed things up a little bit.

GunFox
06-18-2012, 08:10 PM

I believe that items with +RADAR stats will increase the area of fog of war you uncover. Not that I could even begin to justify using a slot for that.

gornova
06-19-2012, 06:48 AM
same idea here (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5073&page=2)