PDA

View Full Version : Power Limits

Bluddy
06-18-2012, 11:29 PM
I feel like I'm not finding enough power for the stuff I have. Anybody else experience this? With so few slots, and so little power, there's no room for experimentation at all. I'm at level 10.

cyborg
06-18-2012, 11:45 PM
I was hoping this was just a level one problem.

fluffybot
06-19-2012, 12:40 AM
I suggest putting some points into your command stat. Once you start getting more slots start equpping solar arrays, multiple power plants, and there are even some light components that help increase max power. I currently have two power plants equipped and that pretty much has me covered for the most part, though I do admittedly have most of my light slots filled with crew members instead of power-draining components. The plus side is two of them add up to +17 engineering so the plants I do have equipped give me a lot of breathing room.

I'm noticing that as you increase in level and start getting some decent engineering crew max power isn't nearly as much of a problem as it can be earlier in the game, though getting rid of a shield generator and throwing some armor on can help with that quite a bit too. With a medium and heavy slot filled with decent armor you can increase your life expectancy at the expense of repair costs and also give yourself a respectable amount of power to play around with. To be perfectly honest I didn't even have a power plant equipped until around level 6.