PDA

View Full Version : identifying items

Areli
01-23-2008, 02:57 PM
If you are identifying an item and sell it to a vendor while it's still being identified, then instead of canceling the identify progress bar, the bar will continue until full. If I remember correctly, going through town/zone portals while identifying items does not cancel the action either. While I'm not concerned about the latter of these two issues, I do believe that selling an item should cancel the identification process. Besides, the items are automatically identified once sold to the vendor anyway.

SamMcMackin
01-23-2008, 03:27 PM
You can also identify an item while you fight monsters

Shadow
01-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah, it should probably stop if you sell the item.

ShaggyMoose
01-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Sort of on topic, what determines the speed at which an item is identified? I canīt seem to see a pattern.

Shadow
01-23-2008, 07:37 PM
The speed is determined by your level compared to the item's level. The higher the item's level compared to yours, the longer it takes to identify.

Areli
01-23-2008, 09:43 PM
interestingly enough, since weapons, plate, and mail armor are stat-based instead of level based, these items will rarely ever take longer than the minimum to identify. Leather, cloth and accessory items (jewelry, relics, etc.) are level based and these are the ones that you'll be spending time identifying if they are too high level.

SamMcMackin
01-24-2008, 12:19 AM
One of the first things I modded was make ID'ing items go much faster. (as well as treasure chests.)