PDA

View Full Version : Quests in another system

Sendrien
06-19-2012, 03:03 AM
One thing I find extremely frustrating is getting a quest in a different system than the one I'm in, and then having to spend half an hour trying to figure out where the lane to that system is.

If a race gives you a quest in another system, they should at least give you the coordinates of the gate/lane/wormhole to that system.

Sendrien
06-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Bumping this, since it was left to page 2 due to posting rights

Reefpirate
06-19-2012, 05:20 PM
I does sound like there are changes on the way for fog of war and visibility of things like planets and starlanes... Don't quote me on it, but I got a feeling this is being worked on.

pnakotus
06-19-2012, 05:25 PM
It's pretty daft you can't buy maps (or be given maps) of systems a quest giving faction knows about or lives in. They don't have to be up to date - just knowing where to go at all when you're three mystery jumps away would save hours.

Sendrien
06-20-2012, 07:36 PM
It's pretty daft you can't buy maps (or be given maps) of systems a quest giving faction knows about or lives in. They don't have to be up to date - just knowing where to go at all when you're three mystery jumps away would save hours.

Yep, nothing is more frustrating than trying to second guess where the quest location is...

- Is the starlane undiscovered in that last 15% of fog of war in this system?
- Is there a wormhole in one of the anomalies that the NPCs are using?
- Is the starlane to the quest system actually in the adjacent system?
- Is there an unstable wormhole that one of the NPC ships fell into?

Would be so nice if there was simply a little dot on the map indicating where the quest is, or if the race giving the quest could give you vision/coordinates of the starlane to the appropriate system.