PDA

View Full Version : Drox beta patch 0.902

Shadow
06-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Beta Patch 0.902 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Patches.html). Changes can be read here (http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Patches/Changes.html).

This patch addresses some energy, radar, minimap, and pacing issues and a bunch of other things.

( Tchey )
06-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Thanks !

I need to play more now...

Cougar_DK
06-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Great, will try to continue this time instead of restarting :)

Reefpirate
06-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Looking good! Can't wait to give it a try tonight.

xemu
06-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Fantastic speed of patching; great responsiveness!

I really hope the "fighters don't work against enemy races" bug gets fixed though, as I love having my cloud of fighters and right now they just plain Don't Work once you are beyond fighting regular NPCs.

keith.lamothe
06-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Looks like a great update, many thanks :)

Von Paulus
06-20-2012, 10:24 PM
I haven't had free time to try out 0.901 patch, but with 0.902, I seem to have some stuttering that I hadn't noticed before.
The stuttering appears when I begin to move. Anyone else?

Aganazer
06-21-2012, 10:16 AM
I played a couple small sectors last night. Very smooth experience this time. Lots to do. I really like the little icons next to the stat bars. The overall gameplay was starting to feel more addictive and less tedious.

I may have spent a little too much time carrying gifts and diplomats between starting planets, but those are quick and easy plus great for shopping around.

It seems like the there is usually a run away winner right around the time the second system gets populated. Wars start early and races get wiped out early. That isn't a bad thing really, but most 4X games I play don't really heat up until there is nowhere left to expand. The only down side in Drox is that the wars are usually over by the time I've allied with one race so I don't get the opportunity to help. Maybe I just need to be a bit more proactive and declare war once I see which way things are going.

Oh, yeah, the manual. I didn't see anything explaining all the module stats and what they do. Things like "+X% Tweaked Find Chance" and "+X Radar" are still a mystery to me. I also still get confused on some + and -. Like when a thruster says "-10 Power Load" does that reduce my current power (a good bonus) load or max power load (a bad bonus). I'm sure I could experiment to find these out, but knowing beforehand from the manual seems appropriate.

Castruccio
06-21-2012, 12:11 PM
[BUG] When deleting a ship from the ship selection screen, the "delete" text is not properly aligned and is obscured in the "type delete" sub menu.

PixelLord
06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
[BUG] When deleting a ship from the ship selection screen, the "delete" text is not properly aligned and is obscured in the "type delete" sub menu.

Fixed. (in next patch)

Ripperjk
06-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Much happier with the energy expenditure of missiles/guns now - was a bit excessive last patch ;)

aReclusiveMind
06-21-2012, 07:48 PM
This fix has brought the fun level up dramatically. There are a few issues that seemed to come along with it, but Shadow is on top of them already. .903 is going to be even more epic. :)

Edit: Also wanted to add, this probably isn't new content, but getting to higher levels really increases the component options. At level 15 I found a medium component that provides bonuses to 4 stats like a really good crew member would. It was perfectly timed as I had just upgraded to 5 medium slots and had 1 free.

spacehog
06-21-2012, 08:57 PM
This fix has brought the fun level up dramatically.

I second this sentiment. Thanks, Soldak! The sheer number of hours I've put into Drox already (not to mention Din's/Demon War) speaks very highly of your work. Even most AAA titles can't hold my attention the way these games do.

Zengrath
06-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks a ton of the patches and all your work. This is one of major reasons i love Soldak, having some bugs etc, just wait a bit and boom like magic all things i had problems with are fixed :)

( Tchey )
06-22-2012, 04:04 AM
I also feel the energy cost in .902 are way funnier (is it an english word ?) than before.

gornova
06-22-2012, 06:00 AM
I agree! thanks!