PDA

View Full Version : 902 first impressions

Tiarilir
06-20-2012, 07:14 PM
All I can say is... Wow!
Adding options to determine how settled the sector is really did alot for me in adding fun to the game. Now 20 minutes in I'm already helping dryad rebels trying to break loose, and there's war everywhere, politics, rumours, sabotages and the sector is filled with content! (I've barely left the starting system)

This is how the game was meant to be played, and I only started it with a low population!

Image of the relations screen after 15-20 minutes
http://i49.tinypic.com/2hxsw2a.jpg

Reefpirate
06-20-2012, 08:07 PM
What settings did you use for that sector? What do you mean low population? Low race count? It looks like you have quite a few races...

Tiarilir
06-20-2012, 08:22 PM
What settings did you use for that sector? What do you mean low population? Low race count? It looks like you have quite a few races...

Low population was meant to be early development. Small sector, normal pacing, 6 races.
The Utopians were secluded in their own area, and guess who turned out to be the strongest power when I met them..? That's right!
Currently it's all going to shit, I'm trying to go for the brutes in relation who are second to strongest. I've destroyed two fringe planets and they're still kicking and alive. So interesting, so much combat and diplomatics! Everyone is pretty much at war now

Reefpirate
06-20-2012, 08:24 PM
On my way home to try right now... Sounds like fun!

Tiarilir
06-20-2012, 08:25 PM
On my way home to try right now... Sounds like fun!

Yeah. I've noticed that kill quests that are available can still be claimed as solved even when the enemies where killed by someone else. Well, I solved a lot of quests. Bad mistake, now I'm struggling with 0 relation to everyone except the brutes and dryads (40 / 35 relation), and have to fight my way back to get some kind of ground to stand on before I lose =p

aReclusiveMind
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Is the .901 default "home planet only"? That seems to be what I've observed. It seems like the other options are going to really spice things up.

Reefpirate
06-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the factions used to just start with one planet pre-0.902.

all_zebest
06-21-2012, 12:24 AM
The patch suppressed my translations. The files (menu, global etc.) are intact, but some of the translations are not taken into account any more. For example, the help menu.

Shadow
06-21-2012, 11:07 AM
The patch suppressed my translations. The files (menu, global etc.) are intact, but some of the translations are not taken into account any more. For example, the help menu.

Which specific text lines are no longer getting translated correctly?