PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Full relationship status - Ridiculous Requests

Vynik
06-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Hey there, I'd like to start off by saying that I've bought Depths of Peril, Din's Curse, and now Drox Operative and I have yet to be disappointed by a single one. I made the Drox Operative purchase solely because it was a game you guys made, without doing any research whatsoever. No surprise, I absolutely love it.

Now, onto the actual point of the post. I'm currently playing a game, normal pacing, with 4 civilizations, and the only civilization with full relationship status I have is Hive. I had only about 1000 credits at level 7, and I was struggling a little to make money. I figured, hey, we're allies, maybe I should ask for a small donation to my cause?

Well, the Hive were plenty happy to offer me a donation! I asked for 1000 credits, and they loved the idea. I figured, well, if they loved that, I bet they'd REALLY love giving me 5000, and.. they did. Anyway, it continued like that until I asked them for 114,000 credits, and they only had 114,300 credits. They seemed pleased as Punch to give me almost every single dime they had. Not only that, after completing bankrupting my allies, I got +33 relations (not that it matters) with Hive.

Anyway, I know it's important that the AI is willing to give gifts and be reasonable about trading, but I don't think an ally would be super pumped to hand over every credit he's ever made to me. I just assumed this was a bug, but if not, then please let me know!

Shadow
06-22-2012, 02:10 PM
The strange thing is every time I try to do this with an ally they tell me no. If someone could send me a save game when this occurs and tell me exact what they are doing it would be very helpful.

Vynik
06-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Well, I passed that sector last night, but I'll try to reproduce it and send you the save.

I did a little further testing, and it wasn't just with the Hive that it worked. In fact, I took all of the money of a civilization that was in their 70s, relation wise.

So it doesn't seem to be tied to having full relation, but more just having a large amount. Nor does it seem tied to having an alliance with a civilization, so just a few more things to rule out. I'll try to reproduce it in my current sector and ship you the save file.

spacehog
06-23-2012, 03:52 PM
I currently have a save with this same phenomena. The sector has been beaten and I'm allied with the 2 remaining races. Both of them are willing to give me 100,000 credits via the trade screen. If you still need a save game I'd be happy to pass it along, but I'll need some instruction in how to do so (which files to send, etc.)

aReclusiveMind
06-23-2012, 06:23 PM
What patch level are you guys playing on? I would advise creating a new sector with the latest patch as the currency issue was fixed on my end a patch or two ago. I used to have the same issue with my ally's willingness to trade me every last credit they had. I can't get them to do this anymore.

spacehog
06-23-2012, 07:11 PM
What patch level are you guys playing on? I would advise creating a new sector with the latest patch as the currency issue was fixed on my end a patch or two ago. I used to have the same issue with my ally's willingness to trade me every last credit they had. I can't get them to do this anymore.

Sorry for forgetting to mention. I still have the trade exploit in .903. It doesn't always work. Sometimes races refuse to give me anything. I haven't been able to pinpoint what the differences are between allies who give me everything and allies who give me nothing - reputation seems to have nothing to do with it.

xemu
06-23-2012, 07:38 PM
I was just able to get 900,000 credits from one ally and 500,000 from another, just by asking. In fact, by virtue of doing such a valuable trade my relationship with them went up by 382 points!

Shadow
06-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Yes, a save game would be great. You can find my email address on our contact page (http://www.soldak.com/Company/Contact.html).

You need to send me the 4 files that start with your ship name. Where they are depends on your OS:

Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DroxOperative\User

XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DroxOperative\User

Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DroxOperative/User