PDA

View Full Version : Game Oddity (possibly a bug?)

LostSoul
06-22-2012, 02:33 PM
(Game settings - Normal size sector, random number of races, home planet only)

I was having a grand old time forging an alliance via rumor between the two largest races in the sector. It was going well since they had just signed a mutual protection agreement. So I go off to improve my own standings with some of their respective quests in a nearby system. Just before I reach the star lane, one of the factions (fringe) is destroyed by another faction that, up to that point, had been no where to be seen (Legion). Understandably Fringe would have been easy to pick off since they only had one planet.

Being suitably annoyed at the wasted credits, I stop over at a power station, use it to fuel up a full compliment of fighters and interceptors, and go raze the planet and this upstart's naive attempt at thwarting me. I swoop in, declare war on Legion, and blast their unprotected planet to bits. That was it. Legion was defeated and destroyed. They had no other planets but the one they just seized somehow.

So I'm curious what exactly happened here. If Legion had no other planets, how did they have ships to take one? There were no other messages relaying that one of their planets elsewhere was under attack or had been destroyed. They just appeared out of no where.

Shadow
06-22-2012, 02:35 PM
If Legion monster ships destroy a planet, there is a small chance that Legion the race will take the planet (much bigger chance if it just destroyed a race). Same thing can happen with Talon and Overlord.

LostSoul
06-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Ahh...that I didn't know. That makes way more sense.