PDA

View Full Version : Bug .903 : red square on shortcut bar

( Tchey )
06-22-2012, 05:41 PM
On little bug i've seen and didn't mention before, since 901. I'm not sur if my english is very english, you will tell...

I have a weapon module and a shortcut for it in the shortcut bar (1, 2, 3...).

Then i remove the module. It stays in the sortcut bar. Why not, but it's a little annoying since if i use the shortkey, the module reinstall itself.

However, there is another shortcut created, for the same module. Sometimes, it turns red when i move it (from 3 to 2 for example). If you can understand me and can explain the bug with a better english, do it please...

PixelLord
06-22-2012, 06:36 PM
On little bug i've seen and didn't mention before, since 901. I'm not sur if my english is very english, you will tell...

I have a weapon module and a shortcut for it in the shortcut bar (1, 2, 3...).

Then i remove the module. It stays in the sortcut bar. Why not, but it's a little annoying since if i use the shortkey, the module reinstall itself.

However, there is another shortcut created, for the same module. Sometimes, it turns red when i move it (from 3 to 2 for example). If you can understand me and can explain the bug with a better english, do it please...

I think he means, for example, if you equip an EMP, then you remove or replace that EMP with, say, a better EMP. The old EMP stays in it's old hotkey slot because the old EMP is still in your possession (although it's now in the Cargo Bay). If the old EMP was in slot 2, pressing 2 causes the old EMP to reinstall itself in your ship components.

I agree that this is a problem.

Valgor
06-22-2012, 06:58 PM
The item in the hot bar should turn red when it's not installed, and disappear altogether once dropped or sold.

( Tchey )
06-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Here is a screenshot. Sometimes i uninstall a weapon, and keep it in the cargobay. The icone stays "normal". Sometimes, i just do the exact same thing, and the icone turns "red".

PixelLord
06-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Here is a screenshot. Sometimes i uninstall a weapon, and keep it in the cargobay. The icone stays "normal". Sometimes, i just do the exact same thing, and the icone turns "red".

Yes, I have seen this happen also. It would be better if the icon on the hotbar would always turn red when an item is uninstalled and placed in the cargo bay, Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. When it does not turn red, it can be confusing; and cause installation delays during battle.

A better way might be: if a component installed in slot 2 on the hotkey bar is replaced with a new component on the ship components screen, that new component would also be installed on the hotkey bar slot 2 as well. But I don't know if something like that can be implemented.