PDA

View Full Version : Comet quest

Roswitha
06-22-2012, 08:20 PM
I had a quest to destroy a comet that was heading toward a particular system (Arkassira). Its known location was the next system over (Benemirt). So I went to Benemirt and looked all over for the comet, including the system map and the galaxy map. I never did find it.

What does a comet look like? Was I supposed to have looked in Arkassira since the comet was moving toward it? If the comet is big enough to destroy a planet, I would expect it to show up on the system map.

transigent8
06-22-2012, 08:37 PM
I had this quest last version. It looks like a giant asteroid. It should also show up on the system map. I spent a good 10 minutes zipping around the vicinity of the doomed planet before I checked the system map and lo and behold, it was actually a good distance away.

LostSoul
06-22-2012, 08:57 PM
They appear to travel very slowly. When I found the one for the quest, it didn't seem move at all the whole time I was blowing it up.

Point of note for Shadow:

Comets should probably have a particle trail emitting away from the system's star. Otherwise they're just an another asteroid. Just a minor nitpick (I'd wager it's just an stand-in?)

fluffybot
06-22-2012, 09:01 PM
They appear to travel very slowly. When I found the one for the quest, it didn't seem move at all the whole time I was blowing it up.

Actually, when this happens the comet will lurch forward every so often instead of smoothly moving towards its target.