PDA

View Full Version : Modding recruit healing skills

Delve
01-26-2008, 08:37 AM
I know, recruits with healing skills has been discussed before. :)

I just want to know if it's possible to enable them via modding or if the limitation is imposed in code.

SamMcMackin
01-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Open up assets001.zip\Database\Monsters and in the file NpcArchetypes is the info you seek.

Delve
01-26-2008, 11:43 AM
You're a credit to the community, thank you.

Shadow
01-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah, you can make the skill available to NPCs. Like Sam said just go to NpcArchetypes.gdb and find all of the RandomSkill lines for the appropriate class. Then just add a new RandomSkill line with the skill you want them to have. You can find all of the skill names in either skills.gdb or skillTrees.gdb.

Now having said that I don't know if the NPCs will use healing with any kind of intelligence. Although one of the monsters has healing so there might be a chance.

curiousity
02-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Open up assets001.zip\Database\Monsters and in the file NpcArchetypes is the info you seek.

Now I will finally have my trusty Rogue companion with Stealth and Blur and my Priest with Hardness and Chain Mail. Thanks! :)

Delve
02-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Now I will finally have my trusty Rogue companion with Stealth and Blur and my Priest with Hardness and Chain Mail. Thanks! :)

If you've made them fixed skills instead of random skills, bear in mind that AI covenants will also always get those skills on their recruits as well.

Now having said that I don't know if the NPCs will use healing with any kind of intelligence. Although one of the monsters has healing so there might be a chance.

Well so far I've only found one with regeneration, which she keeps up all the time. So far so good.

But I took my modding out for Delilah's challenge and haven't put it back in yet. So I haven't really had a chance to see if they heal properly when given a healing spell.

kaeruu
02-10-2008, 04:16 PM
If you've made them fixed skills instead of random skills, bear in mind that AI covenants will also always get those skills on their recruits as well.

I've found a very sensible solution to this . Kill all covenants, edit the game so that the recruits come immediately one after the other, with the skills I want.

But I took my modding out for Delilah's challenge and haven't put it back in yet. So I haven't really had a chance to see if they heal properly when given a healing spell.

Awww. No Mod? That's b-o-r-i-n-g.:D

kaeruu
02-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Update. The priest oh-so-uses healing. And very efficiently too. But I suggest that they be left at home, primarily because they tend to cast heal immediately if one is hurt, which means it would most often try to cast heal on itself until it dies.:p

*edit: And another word of advice. If anyone activates the Healing spells please remove all your guards permanently. The priest would try to heal the guards after casting hardiness on them which would take about eons to wait.

laclongquan
02-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Then healing is nearly useless for recruits:

As your companion, if she heal herself at the first wound, then at best she'll be a bait to draw off enemies. Totally no use to you, healing-wise.

As your guards, other than helping increase the lifeforce of guards, you lose the 1/6 total firepower since she's preoccupied with healing herself or some one else.

In a word, healing is great because it is in the hand of human to make use intelligently.

So, Healing is a verygood idea to have and Priest is a very good chara to play. :D

Delve
02-11-2008, 05:43 AM
Did you try area healing? Or whatever the correct skill name is.

kaeruu
02-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Did you try area healing? Or whatever the correct skill name is.

Tried it. Useless.

torikamal
09-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Is it possible to set thresholds where the priest will only heal you or allies if they drop below 1/2 or 1/4 health?

Logorouge
09-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Or could an hidden cooldown be added to the recruit healer? Like she could heal, wait 5 seconds, then heal again. At least she would do something else during those 5 seconds.

Delve
09-14-2008, 04:00 PM
You could probably make a recruit-specific healing skill with such a cooldown timer, yeah. In fact, I like this idea so much I might do one. When I have time. In like, 700 years. :/

It would take a completely new skill setup though, anything you tried to do with the existing skills would affect PCs as well. I'd be careful though, because I can just see a game against the Sisterhood with a stable full of priests. :eek:

Shadow
09-15-2008, 09:33 AM
You can add UseCheckTime and UseCheckChance lines to skills so that the NPCs only use them every once in a while. Only the AI uses these so it won't screw up the skill for the player.

scragar
09-15-2008, 09:52 AM
if I'm not mistaken the NPCs don't have healing spells without modding:

ArchetypeNpcMonsterPriest

{

Base BaseNpcArchetype

ArchetypeName "Npc Priest"

Class NpcPriest

PrayData BehaviorDataPrayer

BehaviorStack BehaviorStackNpcPriest

// StartingItem Mace1-Crude

RandomItems 1

RandomNameFile npcsFemale

CanBeForcedToUse 1

UseSkillPoints 1

StartingSkillPoints 2

RequiredSkill SkillHolyBolt

RequiredSkill SkillPrayer

NumRandomSkills 2

RandomSkill SkillRetribution

RandomSkill SkillHolyFire

RandomSkill SkillSmite

RandomSkill SkillZeal

RandomSkill SkillHolyStrike

RandomSkill SkillHolySymbol

RandomSkill SkillHardiness

RandomSkill SkillTrueAim

RandomSkill SkillShieldOfFire

RandomSkill SkillHolyShield

RandomSkill SkillProtectionFire

RandomSkill SkillProtectionLightning

RandomSkill SkillProtectionPoison

RandomSkill SkillProtectionCold

RandomSkill TalentChainArmor

RandomSkill SkillLifeburn

RandomSkill TalentPriestCrushingBlow

RandomSkill TalentPriestPrecision

HeadSurface 0

randomHeadTexture Models/Players/Priest/head.tga

randomHeadTexture Models/Players/Priest/head2.tga

randomHeadTexture Models/Players/Priest/head3.tga

randomHeadTexture Models/Players/Priest/head4.tga

}

from assests001

I suspect this mod will work, although I can make no certainties:
SkillNPCuberHeal

{

Base BaseSkillMonsterDefenseBuff

SkillType Heal

Animation castHeal

AnimationPriority SpecialAttack

TargetEffect Models/Effects/heal.mdl

Power 1

HealPercent 1

CastTime 3.0

BasePriority 2.0

UseCheckTime 100.0

UseCheckChance 0.25

MinRange 0

MaxRange 400

}

modNPCuberHealANPCMP overrides ArchetypeNpcMonsterPriest

{

RandomSkill SkillNPCuberHeal

}

Neosopher
02-04-2009, 08:40 PM
I was curious about why recruit priests never had healing spells, which lead me to this thread. I pulled open NpcArchetypes.gdb and took a look at it. What would happen if I added another Archetype, called it something like "NPC Melee Priest" and replaced Holy Bolt in the static skills with, say, Smite or some other melee attack? Could one make multiple examples of any given class as an NPC archetype, each representing a different focus of that class' potential skill builds? Melee priests, nuke priests, different kinds of mages, etc?