PDA

View Full Version : How to win if no quests?

xemu
06-23-2012, 04:12 PM
So I'm in a situation where the universe (starting very populated and developed) has eventually stabilized down to Brunt, Lithosoid, and Talon. All three are allied to each other, and Brunt & Lithosoid are allied with me.

Now the sector is settled in to a point where literally no quests are being generated, and I'm not sure how to advance the game state. I can very VERY slowly make progress by sabotaging the Talon then trying to fix their planet, but its super expensive for not a lot of progress.

I guess doing quests for Brunt & Litho allies would help too, but literally no one in the entire sector has any quests.

Kind of an anti-climax for the game to come down to a drag like this; it would be nice if you get to a point where there is an allied bloc ruling the galaxy, that you only need to be allies with ONE of them.

spacehog
06-23-2012, 05:50 PM
From the sounds of it you have two options. Try to become allies with Talon (trading money for alliance works, but can be pretty expensive.) Or try to destroy Talon (blow up all of their planets - easier said than done). If all three races are aligned with each other, I'm not sure if attacking the Talon would cause your relations with Brunt and Lithosid to dwindle... good luck!

gornova
06-23-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm experiencing something similar, Shadow please be sure in every game could be at least one quest at time ! :D

xemu
06-23-2012, 07:43 PM
I used the "100% relationship" bug to soak my allied for 1.4 MILLION credits and then used that to buy my way into the good graces of the Talon. Actually I gave them more than they wanted so that I would be back to a non-exploit level of $$...

rune_74
06-23-2012, 08:31 PM
It is very hard to tell what I need to do to win....that should never be the case.

fotan
06-24-2012, 12:21 AM
It seems to me that being aligned with someone should have much bigger and greater consequences.

For instance if all races are aligned, and you're aligned with at least one of them, the game should be won.

If a race that you're aligned with goes to war with someone, you HAVE to go to war with them etc.

This way you're very much a part of the process and it would be difficult to extract yourself and this makes you more likely to care about the people you're aligned with and want to make sure they prosper.

So when you do actually achieve victory it's because you made the best of being stuck with whatever race.

It would be harder to play the double crosser but you would get more fulfillment from winning in my opinion.

Cheet4h
06-24-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm in a similar situation.

At the beginning of the game, the Hive eradicated all the other 3 races pretty quickly. There were a lot of quests before that, but now they are the only ones left and I get very little quests, perhaps one in ~15 minutes.
Currently I'm trying a couple of things to increase my relationship with them, e.g. protecting their colony ships and freighters.

I wouldn't say that there should always be a quest, but it should definetily be looked over. For example I got planet terraforming quests in the beginning but only one since they eradicated the last humans. They colonized pretty much every planet in most of the systems and a lot are arctic, swamp or other planets like this. They should generate terraform quests more often, since they also have lots of money, mostly in the 100ks.