PDA

View Full Version : Heh, can stars be destroyed?

Ripperjk
06-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Aside from possible super weapons that potentially do so - is it possible to do with normal weaponry?

Reason I ask is I had a few bombs go off near a blue star and I saw rather large damage numbers coming from it. Couldnt target it with single target weapons but unguided AOE would hit it.

Couldnt get a life bar or any indication of my bombs actually doing anything other than the big red damage numbers - after a few minutes I gave up and moved on.

fluffybot
06-23-2012, 09:17 PM
I considered filling all of my medium slots with electricity fields to test this one. Decided there were more constructive ways to spend my time, so I promptly picked a fight with every race except the Brunt.

There's a failure right there.

Shadow
06-25-2012, 12:42 PM
No, you can't destroy the stars.

PixelLord
06-25-2012, 01:50 PM
But if you could.... :D

Now that would require some awesome explosion effects!

Bluddy
06-25-2012, 02:20 PM
But if you could.... :D

Now that would require some awesome explosion effects!

The supernova would wipe out the entire system and perhaps the sector as well (depending on the true distance between systems), so having the game crash would be effective IMO.

PixelLord
06-25-2012, 03:00 PM
The supernova would wipe out the entire system and perhaps the sector as well (depending on the true distance between systems), so having the game crash would be effective IMO.

Yes it would. :D

Shadow
06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Well in that case any time the game crashes just assume it was a supernova. :)

Axegrinder
06-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Well in that case any time the game crashes just assume it was a supernova. :)

Ha! Ha!. No more bug reports either. That would be considered normal background radiation.:D