PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday weapons

gornova
06-24-2012, 01:27 PM
At level 18 .. and no big weapon for now, any thoughts?

aReclusiveMind
06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
At level 18 .. and no big weapon for now, any thoughts?

They are quite rare. I have seen at least 2 or 3 prior to level 18, but I have played quite a few ships to the 10 or 11 stage. You have to keep a careful eye out as they can blend in pretty easily on the trade menu. As you know, at higher levels a lot more components become available and all of them have new icons. Some sort of sorting of the planetary trade menus would be really helpful so we don't have to hover over nearly every icon we aren't intimately familiar with to know what it is.

fluffybot
06-24-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm still scarred from my first one. Accidentally fragged both my buddy I was playing with and myself since we decided to stick around to see what happened. Oh, and we did it right in the middle of a bunch of inhabited planets, so pretty much instant game over.

ShaggyMoose
06-25-2012, 05:01 AM
I'm still scarred from my first one. Accidentally fragged both my buddy I was playing with and myself since we decided to stick around to see what happened. Oh, and we did it right in the middle of a bunch of inhabited planets, so pretty much instant game over.
I haven't tried one of these yet. Are they actually launched so you can get away, or are they basically a self destruct?

gornova
06-25-2012, 08:55 AM
They are quite rare. I have seen at least 2 or 3 prior to level 18, but I have played quite a few ships to the 10 or 11 stage. You have to keep a careful eye out as they can blend in pretty easily on the trade menu. As you know, at higher levels a lot more components become available and all of them have new icons. Some sort of sorting of the planetary trade menus would be really helpful so we don't have to hover over nearly every icon we aren't intimately familiar with to know what it is.

do you mean player need to check trade options on planets?
No message for this, like "Race X have developed a revolutionary weapon" ?

Roswitha
06-25-2012, 11:22 AM
The ones I've seen were in the trade options, like any other component.

fluffybot
06-25-2012, 06:51 PM
I haven't tried one of these yet. Are they actually launched so you can get away, or are they basically a self destruct?

They have a timer. A fairly long timer that makes it pretty easy to figure out you should be getting as far away as possible, but I never was one to let common sense get in the way of sheer curiosity.

Shadow
06-25-2012, 07:06 PM
It depends on which doomsday weapon.

ollobrains
06-25-2012, 10:18 PM
what doomsday weapons are in game total ?

aReclusiveMind
06-25-2012, 10:32 PM
what doomsday weapons are in game total ?

Glancing at the asset files, it looks like there are around 9 variants, but I've not actually seen more than 2 in-game myself. I'll let someone else confirm the number and names.

Shadow
06-26-2012, 11:46 AM
There are indeed 9 different types. They are pretty spread out level wise so I wouldn't expect anyone to have seen all of them yet.

Shadowy Figure
06-26-2012, 04:16 PM
I found my first doomsday weapon. Grey Goo II (http://i.imgur.com/0jUv7.jpg)

gornova
06-27-2012, 08:56 AM
yeah :D did you destroy everything?

Shadowy Figure
06-27-2012, 12:55 PM
I launched it at a planet and it slowly started to destroy it at 55 damage per second. After about 10 seconds the grey goo spread to the nearby ships guarding the planet. I flew a little closer to get a better look and noticed that they weren't launching missiles at me. I was thinking "maybe these ships only have beam weapons" so I moved in closer to see if they really couldn't shoot at me because of the goo. Those ships really were disabled but the goo spread to my ship and I died too! :D

Virosa
06-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Damn i can't wait to find me some doomsday weapon. Level 20s here and none found.