PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Race combat, and a more epic feeling.

longshot
06-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Right now, when races go to war, it is a little underwhelming. Basically they will send a couple of ships to an enemy planet, who will then go and sit there and sit in one spot and fire.

Ironically, it is a lot more interesting when monsters attack a planet, since you see a swarm of ships and fighters all blasting away at the planet and defenses. with things blowing up all over the place.

I would like to have a more epic feeling when one race goes to war with another. Large fleets of ships and fighters attacking a planet, or being intercepted by another large fleet and having a large battle in space.

BUG: Planet defenses are still stoned and never move. There was a situation where four planets were close together, with three factions. One of the factions just picked off two of the other planets + defenses, without their defense ships moving or returning fire.

aReclusiveMind
06-28-2012, 10:03 PM
I had proposed the defenders perform a short patrol around the planet along with a short pursue range to help defend nearby planets and prevent player exploiting existing range and response mechanics. I was hoping this was fixed in .904, but based on what you are saying it hasn't been yet.

fotan
06-29-2012, 02:08 AM
This is actually something I feel is very important.

That is, there needs to be aggressive planetary defenses.

If some enemy ships guarding a planet even see you coming, and you're an enemy, then they should go after you.

There should be some, of course, who stay and defend the planet, and not just sit there, but patrol around it slowly. Occasionally they could sit to "rest" but they could be more dynamic and dynamic is just more fun.

Shadow
06-29-2012, 11:12 AM
I agree with both of you and this will be addresses some time, but probably not the next patch.