PDA

View Full Version : Confused (how to win)

notme
06-29-2012, 01:10 PM
So I picked up this game earlier in the week. The first three games I played with 0.90 beta and around level 8 conflicts would be made where I would be forced to declare war with a race and soon after obliterated.
-
I downloaded the 0.904 patch last night and after a few hours I'm level 4 or 5. I'm a bit confused how to win; it sounds like I'm suppose to be helping one of the races conquer a sector (a game has many sectors - right - so all they have to do is conquer one - no that can't be right so maybe all the star systems combined is a sector; that seems logical) anyways I limited the number of races to the min (I have 4 in the game - shadows, burnt overloards and ly???s???). My relation with shadows and ly???s??? is quite good but it is around 4 with burn and overlords as i signed a peace treat with the ly's early in the game and refused to break it (I mean who wants to be a burnt overlord ?).
-
Alas I feel like this game is slowly slipping away as the ly just are not agressive enough to keep up with the super agressive burnt and the shadows are slowly slipping into the shadows.
-
Anyways that is my current feedback of the beta (the game asked me to leave feedback).
-
A few more comments:
Esp if this is a game that is suppose to take many hours per game (I.e, i'm level 5 but is win conditionally normally reached when you are level 20 ?); if so the early quests are kind of annoying (early up to level 8 as I've not gotten higher yet). They frequently ask me to go places that I have rarely can find before they expire. I often end up in conflict iwth really nasty folks when trying to complete the quests before they expire (the compute generated random bits - i guess I'll go them pirates for lack of a better name) are never a problem but piss off a planet and your dead meat - and refusing to declare war on your allie can be equiv to pissing off a planet. Also the quest variation is a bit thin most of them are find this item and take it over there; or kill n of these critters or kill n of these critters that have those clues. Maybe they change a bit when you are higher level ?
-
.904 seems a bit better balanced than .9; the various options when you are near a planet are not well explained (why start rumours; why commit espionage; why this type of rumor); not too sure why i want to learn techonolgy; i suspect it is so i can trade with planets? (I have not done too much with relations yet).
-
Ok those are my current comments. I won't be able to play for a week so I thought I would leave them; i have to go sit in a corner now but after that I'll be able to play again.

DeathKnight1728
06-29-2012, 02:33 PM
There are multiple ways you win-

You can ally with the strongest race and let them wipe out other races until its just you and then. Thats the marauder approach which requires that you start rumors with the race you want to destroy everything.

Then there is the diplomatic approach which is you ally with all races until they are all allied with you.

Im sure there are other ways to win. Those are the ways i use when i play.

Bluddy
06-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Then there is the diplomatic approach which is you ally with all races until they are all allied with you.

AFAIK this is no longer a valid option -- but perhaps it should be.

EDIT: Actually, no. This goal was scrapped for a reason -- it distances you from the action. We really just want an allegiance/reputation system.

Valgor
06-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Diplomatic victories should make a return as an option for people who liked playing it this way.

PixelLord
06-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Diplomatic victories should make a return as an option for people who liked playing it this way.

I'm for that.