PDA

View Full Version : Dual mainline questing

Delve
01-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Surely this wasn't intended:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3599/dualqbuggw5.th.jpg (http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dualqbuggw5.jpg)

This appears to have started when another covenant got credit for killing Valkiol.

In case Imageshack is being flakey (it has been for me lately), that's two storyline quests available at the same time, both of which spawn and complete properly. I've gone through a couple of them this way in this game now.

Shadow
01-28-2008, 11:05 AM
I thought I fixed all of those before release. I guess I'll track this one down also. Just think of it as extra boss loot drops. :)

Delve
01-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Just to clarify, it's two different quests as in the 2nd and 3rd quest, both available at the same time.

Would a savegame help?

Areli
01-28-2008, 02:39 PM
I've had this happen too. It seems that if an opposing covenant completes one of the main quests then the rest of the quest string is opened up. Specifically, I've had this problem when making games against level 90 covenants and skipping straight to the Execute Shankar quest. By the time I get to the middle of the Deadfall Forest zone where Shankar is, there are already one or two other covenants there engaged in combat since they seem to start fighting in that zone at level 90. In one case I was able to kill Ciglio in Red Death twice for credit through the quests being activated and reactivated somehow after an opposing covenant killed Shankar.

Delve
02-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Heh heh. This is fun. I've finished both the plotlines of the main quest that I had running at the same time and wouldn't you know. There's that pesky Valkoil showing up again. :)

Something about the way I screwed up the quests has made the main storyline an apparently infinite loop. How absolutely horrifying. I'm sure winning this world and starting a new one would clear this up, but right now I'm having fun spanking the forces of darkness all the way back to the depths, over and over again. ;)

Anyway, this really isn't a new bug. Just a side-effect of the bug that I think has already been fixed.