PDA

View Full Version : Monster planet diplomacy issues

choasrepeated
06-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Playing my first game and enjoying so far.
However there is one annoyance.
The Talon have earned themselves a planet.
This is an issue as they are allies with the strongest race (the plant people.. forget the name), and try as I might my rep with the talon drops like a rock constantly and without any negative action on my part.
As the plant race are loyal, I cant get them to break the alliance, making it frustrating to try a win the sector as I have a strong alliance with the plant race and no higher than 46% (with quests, 5 minutes of not doing quests and it drops to 20%) with the talon.

For a race with only one planet to have this much impact on a game is crazy.

Other than that great game

PixelLord
06-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Wow, that's a tough situation. Maybe you could work on allying yourself with the Dryad (plant people). Then when you do something for the Dryad (solve quests and what not) the Talon will like you more too. Because when you do a good turn for the Dryad, your reputation will go up with the Talon as well, since they are allies.

PixelLord
06-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Once a race with one planet (probably was the Talon) was disliking me, so I declared war on them (after all, just one measly planet). I failed to notice the Talon were allied with everyone else, so when I declared war on them, every race declared war on me; and I lost the sector. :(

choasrepeated
06-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Unfortunately I have been doing so with the dyads, I'm about 90% with them and allies, that doesn't seem to stop the background hate generation with the talons.. just hold off war..
The thing that really gets me is the extreme hate that seems to be generated over time, for no obvious reason with the talon.
I though maybe it was due to some weird code linking all monster hate.
So I held off fighting the other monsters.. no dice.

The thing is it wouldn't even be a problem if the dyads weren't so loyal to them..

Thanks anyways

PixelLord
06-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Unfortunately I have been doing so with the dyads, I'm about 90% with them and allies, that doesn't seem to stop the background hate generation with the talons.. just hold off war..
The thing that really gets me is the extreme hate that seems to be generated over time, for no obvious reason with the talon.
I though maybe it was due to some weird code linking all monster hate.
So I held off fighting the other monsters.. no dice.

The thing is it wouldn't even be a problem if the dyads weren't so loyal to them..

Thanks anyways

I wouldn't be surprised if that issue is addressed in the next patch. Talon are a nasty, hateful species; but maybe too hateful in this patch.

ShaggyMoose
06-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Slightly off topic, but I often wondered exactly what was going on when I see that Talon, Warlords or Legion have taken over a planet. Is it just a random event or they actually sending ships out or something?

Usually it ends up that the single planet they took is completely undefended and I just bomb it to dust on my way past...

PixelLord
06-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Slightly off topic, but I often wondered exactly what was going on when I see that Talon, Warlords or Legion have taken over a planet. Is it just a random event or they actually sending ships out or something?

Usually it ends up that the single planet they took is completely undefended and I just bomb it to dust on my way past...

If I'm not mistaken, they are offshoots (rebels) of the main races. Talon are an offshoot of the Dryad, Overlord of the Hive, Legion of the Utopian. I've never checked, but I'm betting the planet they took over was from that main race from which they were offshoots. I wonder if their taking over was the result of a rebellion/uprising not being quelled.

aReclusiveMind
06-30-2012, 01:33 AM
If I'm not mistaken, they are offshoots (rebels) of the main races. Talon are an offshoot of the Dryad, Overlord of the Hive, Legion of the Utopian. I've never checked, but I'm betting the planet they took over was from that main race from which they were offshoots. I wonder if their taking over was the result of a rebellion/uprising not being quelled.

I believe this is true. I've destroyed each of those completely in a sector only to see that they have reemerged later on. In some of the more established sectors the races are battling a lot of issues, so it wouldn't surprise me to see this many uprisings occuring.