PDA

View Full Version : Drox and Cool Space Movies

DeathKnight1728
06-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Well, since I'm into drox i figure id like to watch a show from the same genre that is somewhat like it/epic. Does anyone know any great space shows other than star trek that i might like? Im into strong characters, crazy bad guys, awesome stories and the works really.

Keep in mind, I've never watched any shows in this genre, so I'm pretty open to ideas. Im sure that there's got to be something out there that is worth watching.

Shadow
06-29-2012, 10:54 PM
For strong characters, personally I would recommend Babylon 5 or Firefly/Serenity.

Amberjoy
06-30-2012, 01:46 AM
For strong characters, personally I would recommend Babylon 5 or Firefly/Serenity.

I second the above. I have all 5 seasons of Babylon 5 on DVD. Lots of plots, background stuff that makes no sense until later episodes. The other two suggested I know nothing about. :)

Shadow
06-30-2012, 01:58 AM
I should mention that Babylon 5 and Firefly are actually TV series. Firefly was only on for 1 season, because well Fox is Fox. Serenity is a movie in the Firefly universe, that happens after everything in the Firefly series so definitely watch it after the series.

DeathKnight1728
06-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Already put on firefly last night, it was awesome. The actors are all great as is the story, wish i knew more about them or had the chance to see them in other shows. Thanks guys!

tuberski
09-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Ice Pirates.

caldazar
12-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Ice Pirates.

No doubt here - very enjoyable movie (and I agree about Babylon 5 and Firefly).

I've been rewatching Star Trek lately on Netflix....Finished Enterprise, DS9, and am about halfway through Voyager right now. I don't know that I'd go back and rewatch all of TNG or the original series, but there are certain episodes that just blow me away.

I miss having the Sci-Fi channel (you know, Sy-Fy or whatever they call it now) - haven't had a decent cable-tv package in about a decade.

Shadow
12-07-2012, 05:45 PM
I miss having the Sci-Fi channel (you know, Sy-Fy or whatever they call it now) - haven't had a decent cable-tv package in about a decade.

Too bad the SyFy channel is playing less and less SciFi these days.