PDA

View Full Version : Singularity Rules (Feedback)

Arcahd-1354-N1
06-29-2012, 10:27 PM
I, for one, welcome our self-replicating, robotic overlords...

I'm a big fan of soldak games. I was introduced through steam when depths of peril was on sale. First impression of the game was the graphics were a bit dated, but eventually was won over by the variety of equipment and wonderfully emergent, roguelike gameplay. I then went on to buy din's curse and liked that even more.

I'm really digging Drox. It's a nice mixture of din's gameplay with depths of peril's diplomatic system. After blundering with the hive and lithosoids, I went with the utopians and haven't looked back. As it stands, stacking computer systems on top of another makes my ship nigh unhittable, while I'm landing crushing blows with fusion missiles every other hit. It may need to be toned down, although to be fair I'm still early in the game and haven't tried other dedicated playstyles.

This might be another sign of early gameplay, but it seems like the first civilization I make contact with ends up ruling the sectors. It gets a bit predictable, meet first race, become fast friends, ally with the last remaining civilization.

I really enjoy the crew system, the fact that the crew members can level up as well makes me feel freer to go with the command trait on level up. Getting a new ship design is addictive.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to commanding a dreadnaught.

aReclusiveMind
06-30-2012, 01:53 AM
That is mostly a coincidence. I've played a lot of sectors and it is rare that the first race I meet and do quests for is the strongest.

Your defensive skill will keep you safe early on, but it becomes much less effective when they start using explosives on you that you can not dodge. You will need to add armor or shields to your build to survive in the long run.

My highest ship is a Brunt "Light Titan". I love the artwork reward I get for each ship upgrade. The higher level ships just keep looking better and better.