PDA

View Full Version : Stashing Doomsday Weapons

Valgor
06-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Is it intentional that Doomsday Weapons can't be put into either of the stashes?

Moonshine Fox
06-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Is it intentional that Doomsday Weapons can't be put into either of the stashes?

I'm not sure what you are saying. Nothing, save for cargo bays, can be put in the stashes. However, in those cargo bays, anything goes AFAIK.

aReclusiveMind
06-30-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm not sure what you are saying. Nothing, save for cargo bays, can be put in the stashes. However, in those cargo bays, anything goes AFAIK.

Crew can not be placed in the shared stash (not sure about the normal one) based on my attempts, at least in earlier versions. This is with a cargo bay already in place. I've not checked recently though.

Valgor
06-30-2012, 07:38 PM
I wasn't trying to drop a Doomsday Weapon directly into an empty stash slot; of course I put in a cargo bay first.

PixelLord
06-30-2012, 08:37 PM
I wasn't trying to drop a Doomsday Weapon directly into an empty stash slot; of course I put in a cargo bay first.

I'm sure Valgor is right, but I don't know why Shadow would set it up that way.

ShaggyMoose
06-30-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm sure Valgor is right, but I don't know why Shadow would set it up that way.
I suppose it is to stop you hoarding these and then using a whole load of them to bomb a particularly recalcitrant civilisation back to the stone age or beyond. Makes sense to me.

Chumpy
06-30-2012, 11:26 PM
Not really? I mean, using Doomsday weapons (assuming your Tactical is high enough) hurts your relations with every race, so under the current victory condition using a whole bunch would likely lose you the sector.

ShaggyMoose
07-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Not really? I mean, using Doomsday weapons (assuming your Tactical is high enough) hurts your relations with every race, so under the current victory condition using a whole bunch would likely lose you the sector.
Assuming you can't just kill everyone.

Chumpy
07-01-2012, 01:12 AM
My assumption is that killing everyone results in a loss.

You definitely don't get any items or anything for killing planets, so.

Valgor
07-01-2012, 07:04 AM
It would definitely end in a loss of the sector, since there'd be no-one left to ally with.

I just want to collect all the different types of Doomsday Weapons, that's why I want to put them in the stash.

Shadow
07-02-2012, 03:57 PM
It is on purpose. I'm not positive it will stay that way though, I like the idea of people collecting them.

ShaggyMoose
07-02-2012, 06:21 PM
I like the idea of people collecting them.
Maybe you can create a new "Farnsworth Stash" next to the other two containers. :p

Virosa
07-02-2012, 06:54 PM
My assumption is that killing everyone results in a loss.

You definitely don't get any items or anything for killing planets, so.

Yes, i went on a killing spree and after i've murdered every living thing, i got a 10 min to reflect on my actions before "You Lose."