PDA

View Full Version : Text Crawl

RoboAV
07-01-2012, 03:42 AM
The text notifications take up a lot of real estate. I find myself flying into mines and trying desperately to click the text down so I can see what is going on. Is there a way to set the max number of messages?

Valgor
07-01-2012, 07:01 AM
You could try and increase the number of text events displayed in the game options, but they'll take up even more screen space that way.
Eventually, there should be a seperate message log screen where the player could review in detail everything that's happened in the current sector so far.

ShaggyMoose
07-01-2012, 09:23 AM
I find things get especially bad when two or more powerful races are at war. There is a constant stream of notifications which are difficult to keep up with and often start to block the action. Not sure how this could be handled better.

gornova
07-01-2012, 09:45 AM
maybe with filters? For exaple, click on race Fringe, have lastest messages from Fringe, create a new button clear filter to reset them and so on ?

PixelLord
07-01-2012, 10:09 AM
The text notifications take up a lot of real estate. I find myself flying into mines and trying desperately to click the text down so I can see what is going on. Is there a way to set the max number of messages?

In the Game Options try setting the Max Text Events to 3 (or whatever number you choose >0). I f you feel you missed something you can always use the little arrow keys to scroll back through the events that are older.

Valgor
07-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I'd still prefer a seperate screen for that, with the filter function gornova suggested and maybe even hotlinks to the race relations or negotiation screens,
should a message concern something the player needs to deal with.

RoboAV
07-01-2012, 09:09 PM
In the Game Options try setting the Max Text Events to 3 (or whatever number you choose >0).

Thank you, PixelLord. Somehow, I missed that.

LostSoul
07-02-2012, 12:34 AM
There needs to be a font-size control. There's no reason the text needs to be that large really, or at least not adjustable.

gornova
07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
back with my old idea (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27271&postcount=10)