PDA

View Full Version : Ending sector/Ship components

jureidinim
07-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Is the only way to finish a sector is to ally to one (last standing) race?
I just played through my first time and ended up with alliances with three races.. who are all allied to each other as well.. and the game would not end.
There was no way i could earn enough money to try and seed rumors/sabotage to break any of the alliances so the game was just dragging on and on.
Is there a way to just leave a sector and recreate a new game to continue (like Abandoning a town in DC)? It seems i would have to abandon this character altogether and start all over again.

In that game i was at level 7. How many command points do you have to use to get even one more heavy slot? Was sort of boring being stuck with the same three slots for so long - not much diversity in weapon loadouts (other than a mine layer/EMP in the medium slot).

ShaggyMoose
07-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Is the only way to finish a sector is to ally to one (last standing) race?
I just played through my first time and ended up with alliances with three races.. who are all allied to each other as well.. and the game would not end.
I had this happen once as well. I found out there were a couple of other races hidden away in the corner of the galaxy that the rest of the them were at war with. You could try trading with each race to obtain the location of these holdouts.

Is there a way to just leave a sector and recreate a new game to continue (like Abandoning a town in DC)? It seems i would have to abandon this character altogether and start all over again.
Not directly from the in game menu. You can however go back to the main menu, choose to resume your game and select "new system". This is the same as abandoning the sector.

How many command points do you have to use to get even one more heavy slot? Was sort of boring being stuck with the same three slots for so long - not much diversity in weapon loadouts (other than a mine layer/EMP in the medium slot).
The ship hulls don't seem to offer new slots all that often. Not sure if this has been tweaked during the beta or is race dependant, because my Drakk hull seemed to expand quicker than my Fringe hull in terms of slots.

Affixiation
07-01-2012, 06:57 PM

You can, select play, click your ship hit okay. It'll ask if you're okay with abandoning your old sector.

jureidinim
07-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the response. I will check around more to see if there are any other races. I doubt it as three others were destroyed early on in the game. As I have an alliance and mutual defense pact (?) with the other three, i figure i would be automatically at war with anyone else my allies are fighting.

Thanks for the tip on how to "abandon" the sector. I may just have to do that.

The ship type i have is the Hive - so maybe you are right and it is race specific. That's cool - but i think more slots need to be available earlier or maybe through purchase as the gameplay gets a bit stale after flying around in the same configuration for so long (and no real incentive to change up the loadout).

RoboAV
07-01-2012, 09:14 PM
I encountered the same situation. I was allied with Dryad and Human and they were allied with one another. The 4 other races showed as eliminated. Game did not end.

aReclusiveMind
07-01-2012, 09:36 PM
The victory condition was changed a patch or two back. I am assuming you are fully patched up or close to it. If so, then as of now, you can not win if there is more then one race left in the sector. You have to have an alliance with one of them and eliminate the other.

Prior to the recent patches you are correct, having a 3 way alliance as described would have granted you a win over the sector.

I liked having that option as well. My only gripe was that I could have an alliance with the Dryad, who were allied with the Humans, and yet I wouldn't have an alliance with the humans. This would then lead to tedious quest grinding to get the humans to like me so I could end the sector. I thought that ideally the game would automatically make me an ally of the humans and we would have a solid 3 way alliance. Again, this was before the change creating a one race left in the sector requirement.

LostSoul
07-02-2012, 12:33 AM
The victory condition was changed a patch or two back. I am assuming you are fully patched up or close to it. If so, then as of now, you can not win if there is more then one race left in the sector. You have to have an alliance with one of them and eliminate the other.

Prior to the recent patches you are correct, having a 3 way alliance as described would have granted you a win over the sector.

I liked having that option as well. My only gripe was that I could have an alliance with the Dryad, who were allied with the Humans, and yet I wouldn't have an alliance with the humans. This would then lead to tedious quest grinding to get the humans to like me so I could end the sector. I thought that ideally the game would automatically make me an ally of the humans and we would have a solid 3 way alliance. Again, this was before the change creating a one race left in the sector requirement.

As opposed to the amount of time it would take to eliminate the other faction, and undo the damage done by attacking your preferred faction's allies?