PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Deployable Space Scanner.

Affixiation
07-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Every now and again I'll get missions to go to a solar system to kill a named mob and just cannot for the life of me find the darn thing despite searching for hours. (Not joking, I once searched a system for almost two hours before giving up on finding it.)

Idea here is to add in a space scanner for a set amount of money that you deploy somewhere in your current solar system and will reveal named (possibly champion, veteran etc) on your map using the color of their name as a small circle. So say a red named mob would be a red blip on the map. These would of course be destroyable by mobs and races you're at war with.

Shadow
07-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Version 0.903 added something like this.

Virosa
07-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Version 0.903 added something like this.

By that he mean you can find stuff the same way you can "search for goods". Also, the reason you may have never found it was that; 1: They move around 2: they tend to fly around and a bit out of sector quite often.

jonasan
07-03-2012, 06:56 AM
for me the 'rumoured position' waymark works just fine - ofcourse you have to get there pretty quick to stand a chance of them still being there but i have never run into a situation where the enemy is unfindable, sometimes going straight to the waymark and then searching again will give me a better chance and soon enough im taking down (or being knocked off by) said boss!... like the change shadow made and don't see the need for more