PDA

View Full Version : Cheap deaths

ShaggyMoose
01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
This thread is for everyone to post their cheapest deaths in. My contender is from last night, with a level 22 Rogue. I received the message "someone has setup traps in town" just before I quit last time. Next time I loaded my game, I was instantly gibbed by a trap on my lifestone, along with most of my recruits. I didn't even get to move...:eek:

Related to this, I just want to rant about the disarm traps skill. It seems you really have to keep burning on points on this skill for it to be in any way useful. For a skill with very little direct benefit, it just doesn't seem worth it. As has been previously mentioned, I think this should be a flat percentage chance to disarm a trap, regardless of level.

Delilah Rehm
01-28-2008, 02:46 PM
What I hate is dying just before my girl gets to the lifestone!

I hit a trap last week that nearly killed me. I was standing there with no perceivable health, and thought surely I'd die before I could heal myself. That was weird.

SamMcMackin
01-29-2008, 12:10 AM
One time, before I knew you could click on your covenant's health bar to go to your lifestone, I died from poison and burn because my recruits were in the way of the lifestone. :(

Can you guys MOVE, I'm dying here!!

DiamondShard
01-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Happened to me too a few times, death before reaching life stone. I wonder if we could have a hot key for the life stone maybe that would help solve this problem.
BTW. Awesome game :D

StealthBunny
01-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Happened to me too a few times, death before reaching life stone. I wonder if we could have a hot key for the life stone maybe that would help solve this problem.
BTW. Awesome game :D

Click on your covenant's health bar on the right of your screen, and it works like a hot key.

You can actually do this outside of your covenant, anywhere on "your" territory - for example, just off the pathway by Oslo's stand toward your covenant.

Celes
01-30-2008, 01:27 AM
My cheapest death...two actually.

The first occurs when my character's fighting, he gets badly wounded so I hop through the player portal that I always set up nearby and dies before he can reach the lifestone...on the plus side it's not a long dangerous walk to get your soulstone back.

The second...going through a gate into the middle of a dozen mobs which include 3 - 5 named ones that are currently on your quest hit list. On the plus side you don't have to hunt the area for them, it's a matter of thinning their ranks and dying 30+ times to do it.

:D

kaeruu
01-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Cheapest death? I saw it on my journal screen and realized then how it happened. It said this:

Weakest Monster Killed By: NPC Mage (lvl 17)

And how cheap was it? I was killed by a level 2-ish fireball splash damage. Just when I had about only a very small hp left (below 20 definitely).

Bubblyfrost
02-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Well mine is same thing I just died because of poison and lighting. I have level 21 priest :o so i decided to level it up another one and decline some quest to prevent form dying:)

ShaggyMoose
02-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Weakest Monster Killed By: NPC Mage (lvl 17).
You win this thread.

kaeruu
02-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Lol, mind you, I was even level 28ish when that happened...so sad:D