PDA

View Full Version : traps

thenorp1
01-29-2008, 04:21 AM
hey guys does anyone know how to disarm those stupid traps
thay are relly pissin me off an i read that you can disarm them but it didn't say how:(:confused:

Areli
01-29-2008, 04:52 AM
The Rogue class has a disarm traps skill. However, popular opinion insofar as I can see it is that this skill is not worth investing in unless you're low level and have some extra points to throw somewhere until next level.

Other than that, you could probably modify the game code to remove them but I don't know anything about that.

Shadow
01-29-2008, 10:07 AM
You can only disarm traps with the rogues disarm skill or by setting them off.

Kruztee
01-30-2008, 06:47 AM
You can escape a very high percentage of traps by carefully listening for the sound made when one is triggered and legging it (preferably in a straight line) away from the chest or door etc.:D

About the only ones that are very hard to escape from are the ones that do purple (magic?) damage and the ones in extremely cramped confines.

Also once you have triggered that booby trap sound (I like saying that:D), it is safe to open the chest or door. Sometimes the sound is triggered but no trap is set off. I guess that this is an intentional feature.

Shadow
01-30-2008, 09:41 AM
The dud traps are intentional.

(name here)
01-31-2008, 11:24 PM
i didn't notice the sound untill you mentioned it. it's sort of a metallic click.